Careless driving on Scugog

RangerGuy

This weekend a buddy and I were on Lake Scugog duck hunting. We had just decided to pack up for the day. We dropped the boat blind and were standing in plain sight when this air boat comes flying by us on the otherside of the channel we, so we waved just to be polite. I've never seen one in person, we were both watch thinking that's cool!

This jerk goes maybe 60 yards past us and turns comes straight for us, runs right over our decoys. He came with in 5 feet of us standing in our boat, so close that when he gunned it , I stumbled back in the boat.

As angry as I am over this it's not the worst part. It was like 11 am, and he was blowing through points of bulrushes blindly. Some of the points they went through there was no way they could have seen what was on the other side. There could have been somebody parked in a duck boat or a family canoeing for fun! These guys are going kill somebody someday!!

I'm looking for help in identifying / locating the boat and driver. Driver had a grayish short beard, could not see his hair as he had a baseball cap on but it looked gray. I did not see what his passenger looked like. The air boat was silver and red with only 2 seats.

I am looking to report this idiot to the OPP. If you can get charged for drinking and driving in a boat, why can't you get charged with reckless driving! If that is not possible, I will be pressing charges!

So if you know where this moron resides on Lake Scugog or comes from I would really appreciate the help!

Please do not post his name or location , just PM me the info.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

I was out on rice lake early this past Saturday. There were a few non-local guys at the launches who were taken back by all the gun shots going off. I told them that it was opener duck season and to be conscious of it where they were travelling. I glad every one ended up ok.

wow just wow...

i am always aware of the other boats in my vicinity, kinda like defensive driving, everyone's an idiot until proven otherwise.

In fact i DID GET RUN OVER last summer on stoney lake...by a bayliner...check out my post: http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=70992&hl=finatic&do=findComment&comment=801928

a little late in the season but just a reminder to all the boaters to DRIVE RESPONSIBLY...

I watch every boat that is coming anywhere near me, usually curse and swear under my breath like an old coot too. LOL

My favourite is when there are two boats out on the lake and one has to drive within 20 yards of the other for some reason.

We all have to be very careful with the increase in boat traffic on most of the southern lakes.

you should try being on a toon

I follow every boat and engine I hear to make sure they see me

Yes

But watching the bass boats zip buy was so cool. They also showed respect. Slowed or moved far away.

That guy need to be caught soon. Thats just total Bull

Once while fishing our favorite muskie spot on Pigeon Lake, my bro and I notice this boat heading towards us at full speed. We watch as it gets closer and realize we are on a collision course. We quickly reel in our baits and I start the motor and put it in gear. The boat quickly turns and to our surprise we see OPP on the side. Then the jarhead pulls up beside me and asks me why I was trying to get away.

Now i'm all for the OPP checking boats but that was a ridiculous way of handling the situation.

Once while fishing our favorite muskie spot on Pigeon Lake, my bro and I notice this boat heading towards us at full speed. We watch as it gets closer and realize we are on a collision course. We quickly reel in our baits and I start the motor and put it in gear. The boat quickly turns and to our surprise we see OPP on the side. Then the jarhead pulls up beside me and asks me why I was trying to get away.

Now i'm all for the OPP checking boats but that was a ridiculous way of handling the situation.

Screw that man...........

Not true Sinker. My son got nabbed for acting like an idiot on a jet ski, someone called in to complain, the officer tracked him down and handed him a $615 fine. The person that complained said they would be a witness if he tried to fight it. He ended up going to the JP to get it reduced. Hopefully my son has learned his lesson.

Hope you get to the bottom of it. Every time I'm out someone cuts it too close. I also love those super loud speed boats and the guys that rip back and forth full speed wasting fuel and annoying everyone within a few km radius. There should be a limit on how obnoxious your boat can be! A lot of pleasure boaters do not know to be respectful of fisherman's space unfortunately. Or they're just idiots. That guy you experienced sounds like the cream of the crop!

I couldn't believe he was fined either. The OPP officer drove us crazy phoning our house looking for him. He was fined weeks later once he finally called them back and arranged to meet the officer in the middle of the night on the way home from work. The officer handed him a ticket at that point; I thought he was going to get a warning. Hey, he deserved it and I had been warning him about being respectful of others on the water. However, is this the way the justice system is going; anyone can call in and complain about someone else and a ticket is handed out?