Timmins area report

taper

I am a little late getting this report in but just got the time now so better late then never. We left on Saturday morning of the long weekend at 5 AM and headed for a small inland lake just outside of Timmins, this is the farthest North I have ever been and the country side was beautiful. We arrived at around 3 PM and it had started raining at 2:30 so we had to set up camp in the rain, we were soaked by the time we were done. We awoke Sunday morning to a blanket of snow on the ground,Kinda caught me by surprise. We had brought two 14 foot tinnies and my bow rider and the ramp was a bit small but we managed to get them all in the water.

gallery_682_227_37674.jpg

gallery_682_227_69336.jpg

The fishing was pretty good a lot of average pike from hammer handles to 4-5 pounds and the odd pickerel mixed in. We did manage a nice close up of last years young moose and we seen a Bald Eagle every day.

gallery_682_227_7.jpg

gallery_682_227_9009.jpg

By Wednesday the weather turned around and got hot, Thursday we reached 33 degrees C. I knew this could slow the fishing and it did a bit but we still caught fish.

To my delight on our last day I caught my personal best pickerel at 27 and3/4 inches and 5 pounds. I know if I fish Lake Erie much this year I will probably get bigger but from a lake that far North and maybe a hundred acres I was impressed.

gallery_682_227_20962.jpg

gallery_682_227_6787.jpg

I thought this shot looked pretty cool.

gallery_682_227_59104.jpg

On our way back out we seen this little guy again something I had never seen up this close before.

gallery_682_227_1131.jpg

In the end it was a great trip and will be looking forward to the next time we go.

Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about the weather, it wasn't that bad at all. The black flies were not an issue nor were the mosquito's only got bit 3 or 4 times all week. I think the breeze kept them away once the temperature rose.