Father and Son

Was working hard around the house today doing some landscaping shovelling alot of dirt when the Rain started to kick in.I shovelled until the earth became mud.The outdoor chores came to an end.Went inside and Ryan my 8 year son asked to go fishing in the pouring rain.He didn't take long to convince me adding that I was away without him last weekend fishing the Bay of Quinte and it was his turn.I quickly realized that at 8 years old he is addicted to fishing more than his oldman rain was not stopping him from a quick fish fix.Looking at the boat which was not ready to go I offered to take him shore fishing for a couple of hours.We quickly grabbed a couple rods and tackle boxes rain coats and boots and were good to go.Went to get my camera but realized the wife had borrowed my Canon for the day.Ah plan B borrow my daughters HP digital.Thankfully I had DIGI back up.Next was the net and I have learned from CCMT to never forget the net :whistling:

Here are some pics from tonight the little guy enjoyed his evening :D

125786.JPG

Fishing was a little slow in the beginning saw a couple of beavers swim into their den.

125787.JPG

The patient little Man :Gonefishing:

125788.JPG

The results Rock Bass on steroids.

I thought 007 's report had the largest rock bass I have ever seen until tonight.

125789.JPG

Next it was my turn phew I just avoided the skunking and 11 inches for team #4

125800.JPG

125790.JPG

The Canon would have picked up those measurements.

125791.JPG

125792.JPG

Oh caught one of these for my boat a chunky boat fender,

125793.JPG

The ride home the last piece of a peanut butter cup.

Another great outing for my boy :thumbsup_anim:

MIKE THE PIKE

Edited by Mike the Pike

Great report Mike..and glad to hear that you have learned from MY mistakes...LOL. I think it's awesome that your son is into fishing as much as he is. I love sitting back and watching my little one cast, wait, set the hook and reel in all by herself...I esp love the look on other kids faces when she hauls in fish...haha.

Beauty Rock bass pics too...those are huge that's for sure...great job guys!

A good day fishing for sure

When the little ones tell you it's time to go fishing ya gotta go! There will be a day when you are standing there wanting to go fishing yourself bugging him to go fishing and he won't want to. Unfortunately this will probably happen so take every opportunity that comes along when you get it.

Great set of pics and a monster rocky!

It is amazing when no matter how much there is to do our children will convince us to do something that makes not only them happy but us as well. They are brilliant beyond their years. You and Ryan look like you had a wonderful time together ... nice fishing!

Cheers

Jen

Sweet mother of pearl that's a big rock bass. Haven't seen one that big since I was a kid (weren't they all that big 30 years ago, or did they just seem that big?). Either way, when that rocker goes in to the death spiral you've got a fight on your hands.