So much fun...someone bring me another boat...

irishfield

WOW wayne those pursuit tracks look great...and man your boat will be all pimped out.. :w00t: ..i just finished doing all that sheet to mine as well,it will be all worth it when she is done,can wait to see all the finnished pics....and you can come down here to port darlington,and we can get about 5 of us boats out there nailing some big summer kings.. B):P ...oh ya...thanks for sharing i hope you dont have anymore problems,man you sure have worked real hard :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Guest Trophymuskie

I guess well nuts may not work for all that excessive weight. All I have on my brackets are a couple of downeasters with a couple of rods with tips in the water and sometimes they get hammered by 40 pound muskies.

I actually had problems with my last ones, it seams that the ones I was getting from CT were crap. The nut was round and could be just be cranked right through the rubber. But I did find the ones with a propper nut and these brackets will never come off.

As for my boat I waited way to long to put it for sale and I did get a great offer but it was to late to get a new one in time for the season. Thats to bad as the deal won't be as good next fall. :) I actually don't mind keeping it, I'm so busy these days I could not find the time to rig up a new boat.

Lemmesee.....

I was green w/Envy last year when you went out and purchased all them exellent musky rods/reels.

Looking at the pics of your new rig in this post........

Well, lets just say my bottom jaw is still on the ground....and I'm 6-3.

AWESOME,...............awesome job Wayne.

Wish I were comming to Lakair this summer to see this marvel.

Nice work Wayne. You gotta do it yourself, then it's done right the first time. You put a lot of thought and time into your needs for fishing and boating.

Hope there's a spot come late fall :rolleyes:

John

Wayne, I've said it before and I'll say it again; "you are one quality guy"! By the way, you need to take down your Evinrude poster now that you have a Merc!

LOL!! Actually, I think that is at the dealer... no plate on the trailer.

Yes Cast-Away...that picture is from Feb at the dealer.

Played in her again today. Installed a HD "lighter" plug, back in the rear access compartment, to run the plug in coleman cooler off the kickers battery. The Verado charges both it's battery and the kicker battery thru an isolator, but i can kill the kicker battery and still start the Verado.

lundpowersocket.jpg

Then like I've been doing since I was about 12 years old... when my Mom bought that brand new 8 track stereo system from Sears...I gotta tear new things apart. Seriously, Lund expected the forward battery hatch hinge to take the load of a person or persons walking on it. It was already bending down from the dealer just doing the Lowrance network install in the front hatch. Added a piece of 1/8" thick 1.5" x .75" 6061-T6 alum angle and now I can jump on it...the way it should have been when built!

lundhinge.jpg

lundhinge2.jpg

lundhinge3.jpg

lundhinge4.jpg

lundhinge5.jpg

lundhinge6.jpg

And YES Ronnie....I'll work on the customers stuff tomorrow ! :rolleyes:

Edited by irishfield

Na...it was pouring rain outside and I walked thru the mud between the shop and the hangar. Didn't wanna mess it up too much just yet! At least they're my good socks and me toes ain't showin...

Is your front hatch the same Andy?

Edited by irishfield

I thought you was bringin it Dawg!

I can do that!... what is a Back Bacon??? :blush:

Oh!... and if ya grill some Hot Dogs, let those drippings go into the lake! You'll have hoards of Catfish circling your boat in no time!!!

May be good for some Tourney points.

Hey Wayne,

The battery compartment on my Pro-V is under the rod locker storage which is real solid but I get where you're coming from...the entire front half of my boat is storage and some of the compartments do flex quite a bit. NOW STOP IT!!! I barely have time to fish let alone keep up with all these cool modifications/ideas of yours!! :lol:

:clapping: Great going Wayne! Looks like that boat has found a great home. If anybody can overcome such manufacturing issues, it's you bud! Hope your family gets many trouble-free years out of her once all the tinkering is complete.!

Thanks Chris...like you say this is my boat for the next 20 years. Couldn't afford the depreciation hit to do another one....

And Tom..that's exactly why I put up the "how to" pictures. Thought others could learn from them, for when the time comes to do their own set up.

Just found the issue with the electric brake lock out solenoid for backing up (SUPPOSED to dump pressure so brakes don't come on in reverse)...Shoreland didn't bother to ground the trailer frame and expected the chains/hitch etc to compete the circuit to the brake solenoid. Guess now that they are using LED's and taking the ground wire right into the sealed units someone forgot about the brake solenoid needing a ground wire. Amazing just how much juice can come out of 12V thru a wound solenoid when you jumper to your bumper with a bare wire to get ground. Sent me back 5 feet...just like a good drag car ignition coil would.

Guest gbfisher
Na...it was pouring rain outside and I walked thru the mud between the shop and the hangar. Didn't wanna mess it up too much just yet! At least they're my good socks and me toes ain't showin...

Is your front hatch the same Andy?

Yup it is :wallbash: ...but only the kids go up front anyhow.

I'm a troller...no front casting for me...EVER!........... :thumbsup_anim: