What's your spring/summer boat projects?

RangerGuy

Seems like even with a new boat there is always something you want add/alter HAHA!

My Spring/Summer list:

- Titan Tiller Assist

- Tracked down a unit last fall, couldn't wait to install. So this one is done. What a great addition, can't wait to actually see what it's like to drive with.

- Install the extra seat base I ordered with the boat

- Waterproof strip lights under the gunnel.

- I got 2 16' strips of waterproof led lights and a wireless key fob for about $30 Canadian delivered, seems like a really good price. Gonna

be great at the dock at night and when setting up in the marsh :)

- Bob's 4" jack plate (still have to order this. They have powder coating now, I want to contact them and see if I can order a matching color to the boat :) )

- Alter my Avery quick set blind so there is more over head cover to hide the big 18' hole down the middle of the blind. This will take some thought, so

it does not increase how quickly it sets up now.

- Removable Wave Wackers

Maybe your orders were lost when Canada Post was screwing up badly this winter, it was all over the news.

Sure I ordered the Wireless controller from Ebay Item number 320853335301

The LED strips were from amazon

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtools&field-keywords=LED%20Strip%20light%2C%20Waterproof%20LED%20Flexible%20Light%20Strip%2012V%20with%20300%20SMD%20LED%2C%203258%20Cool%20White.%2016.4%20Foot%20%2F%205%20Meter.%20With%203M%20Adhesive%20Back.%20By%20Olympic%20Lighting

Maybe your orders were lost when Canada Post was screwing up badly this winter, it was all over the news.

Sure I ordered the Wireless controller from Ebay Item number 320853335301

The LED strips were from amazon

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dtools&field-keywords=LED%20Strip%20light%2C%20Waterproof%20LED%20Flexible%20Light%20Strip%2012V%20with%20300%20SMD%20LED%2C%203258%20Cool%20White.%2016.4%20Foot%20%2F%205%20Meter.%20With%203M%20Adhesive%20Back.%20By%20Olympic%20Lighting

Thank you sir! I'd much rather order from Amazon than Ebay :)

no worries :).... I was nervous ordering from Ebay as well.... So far I've purchased the yamaha outboard diagnostic software and computer connector wire for my outboard from a place in Australia and this wireless controller from China with zero issues. Except that both came faster than most things I've order from the states LOL!

I buy all kinds of stuff off Ebay, I just didn't want to have to order another set of LEDs + controller and have it not show up. Seller refunded my $$$ no problem, but I want to get the boat wired up and didn't want to wait another 2 months!

I finally got around to installing a tilt switch at my bow to lift my engine. Makes life much easier when you forget to do it before you load. Easy to do as well!

Where did you order the diagnostic software/connector from? Do they have a web page?

I did the bulk of my latest set of upgrades last spring.

New 4 stroke OB, Smartcraft gauges, second fuel tank with transfer valve, water separating fuel filter, after market Bimini top, relocated the two TM batteries forward and added a pair of Smart Tabs.

This year I'm adding a cast 4" jack plate for my kicker so it lines up better with my new outboard/Atlas jack plate combo I'm also running new charger cables from my front mounted deep cycle batteries to the 3 bank charger in the rear.

Almost forgot my biggest project this year, build a dock @ my cabin property so I have a place to park my boat when I'm there. :good:

Currently it looks like this (well when the snow goes it does) ;)

1378703_739190509440624_626383443_n_zps0

Edited by DRIFTER_016

I am planning on installing some rod buckles to the front deck, going to be getting rid of the velcro strap finally...I`m gonna try to reinforce the passenger console, got loose late last season and going to install a new unit at the helm and move current unit up to the bow...

I have picked up a bow mount powerdive and have to figure out how to mount it on my tinny?? Its laying in the garage and the boats already been out on the water...I fear i'll be far to busy fishing to install it.

I also need to put some type of flooring or deck in the front so my guests can stand up on a flat surface to stretch their legs.

I have picked up a bow mount powerdive and have to figure out how to mount it on my tinny?? Its laying in the garage and the boats already been out on the water...I fear i'll be far to busy fishing to install it.

I also need to put some type of flooring or deck in the front so my guests can stand up on a flat surface to stretch their legs.

Sounds like you need to build a casting deck + small platform to mount the motor. We did something similar on our old Legend. Worked out great.

Sounds like you need to build a casting deck + small platform to mount the motor. We did something similar on our old Legend. Worked out great.

Yes I'm no carpenter or engineer so not sure where to start lol.

new gauges on the dash, started working intermittently late last season...hopefully is easy enough for me to install? anybody have experience, I think it should be fairly straight forward but haven't researched it yet

selling my late 90's Honda kicker and looking for a used newer model, hopefully high thrust model or at least will have more prop options available

new gauges on the dash, started working intermittently late last season...hopefully is easy enough for me to install? anybody have experience, I think it should be fairly straight forward but haven't researched it yet

Yep it's a fairly easy job if you have any mechanical skills at all.

I did mine a few years ago.

Went from this:

old.jpg

To this: :D

reverse.jpg

new.jpg

new2.jpg

Last spring it changed again with my new Smartcraft gauges.

Guess I need to take pics of them still. :blush:

I just want use mine this summer!!!

Oh.. and I have to try and roll over the 16' steel boat and patch a hole in the hull under the middle seat before I can put it in the lake. Expected it long before this, considering the "pasta strainer" I had after sandblasting it in 2005. I'm amazed it has gone 9 full summers in the water when I was told to "just throw it away" in '05. Some metal (and I guess rivets with no welder on the island)... some aircraft fuel tank sealer, a hope and a prayer and I'm gonna try and milk another 10 years out of it as it's such a handy boat.

..and if I don't fix it, Leah will want to drive mine!! :w00t:

Posted Image

I finally got around to installing a tilt switch at my bow to lift my engine. Makes life much easier when you forget to do it before you load. Easy to do as well!

Where did you order the diagnostic software/connector from? Do they have a web page?

I'd like to try installing one on my boat. Where did you get it from?

I'd like to try installing one on my boat. Where did you get it from?

I just bought a standard toggle switch like # 49 from Sayal:

http://www.sayal.com/zinc/zinc_search.asp?txtSEARCH=28SWITCHSAA&title=SWITCH+TOGGLE+THREADED

I also installed the rubber waterproof cover for it:

http://www.sayal.com/zinc/zinc_search.asp?txtSEARCH=28SWITCHSAY&title=SWITCH+TOGGLE+ACCESSORIES

From there I just pulled out the throttle from my console and located the 3 wires that control the tilt. You can't miss them, they have their own harness. One wire is a ground, the other 2 are up and down. Unplug the harness, and if the tilt does not work, those are the right wires. I then spliced into them and ran the added spliced wires to the bow, installed the switch and that was it.

Edited by Ten90