Plan "B" comes through

misfish

Well plan "A", was to fish for crappies. Standing around for 1/2 hour and watching slip floats not moving,I couldnt take it anymore. So asked my bud if he had his waders (nope Im going to get the boat out) I could see the smail on his face,that twinkle in his eye when he said that.LOL

Ok,Im going for that fish I missed yesterday, not once,not twice but three times. Dont ask,I dont know how I missed 3 times. :dunno:

So here I am, back at the same hole. I crawl under a few pines and settle on my knees,keeping low and out of sight. Im here for you mr. fish. (today I called him Walter. LOL) You are mine today. It,s the perfect little pool with a lot of hanging branches. I found 4 of them yesterday. :wallbash: LOL

Slip a black micro tube over my hook (learned this tip from one of my threads last year from spiel) It pretty much looks like a hellgamite (sp) in the water.

Toss to the top of the pool. Slowly it trickles down. Hit,hit,pull,miss. Damit I say. Toss a few more times and I get serious tug,Lift and it,s set this time. (I thought it was set before too) A couple of nice leaps ( I yell play nice now),a run to a under water tree,NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Lift a bit and he turned. WHEW. Short little battle after that and In the net he finally was.

It was a happy ending , Quick pic,and happy release for Walter. Theres no way I could keep a resident fish. They are so beautiful.

001_zps291543b5.jpg

Like BillM said in his thread, the waters are high and cold,but I love fishing residents.

My hope was for the waters to drop so I can get the fly rod going,but it looks like more rain this week which will not help.

BTW, Thanks for that tip Spiel. :good:

Nice brown. I stayed home. 3 out of 4 of us have colds. I may go for a walk after work this week.

Thanks Rob

That sucks Rob. Hope all get well soon. I,ll be getting out after work as well before the rains come..

Nice fish. It's suprising sometimes how even a couple hours later a fish that felt steel can be inticed to strike again. Thank god fish are stupid.

Thanks Brad.

I walked away for a bit after getting 2 strikes yesterday and fished a good stretch of the creek and returned to have another strike and miss again. LOL

After the first strike today,I didnt know if I would of got another chance,but kept at it. Ya,they are stupid .LOL