Fly in Menu

sneak_e_pete

Hey Pete... couple things I often do for camping and even fly-ins...

Fajita Kit. Chop, Ziploc and freeze your chicken at home. A pepper, an onion... you're good. Any leftover tortillas... breakfast burritos or sandwich wraps.

Pre-cook chowder, chili, chicken or beef stew. Freeze in either Ziploc bags the portion you need for the pot, or in aluminum take-out containers that are easy to just throw on any camp stove.

Find with camping and wanting to have easy and hearty meals that are quick, all the prep you can do at home makes settling in to the end of your fishing day that much easier.

Remember the fun foods as a kid like hotdogs on a stick , pop tarts warmed up as a breakfast or a dessert. The introduction to either sardines or vienna sausages on crackers as the best fishing lunch in the world. A good treat is also freeze dried ice cream just like the astronauts ate.

Art

Hey Pete... couple things I often do for camping and even fly-ins...

Fajita Kit. Chop, Ziploc and freeze your chicken at home. A pepper, an onion... you're good. Any leftover tortillas... breakfast burritos or sandwich wraps.

Pre-cook chowder, chili, chicken or beef stew. Freeze in either Ziploc bags the portion you need for the pot, or in aluminum take-out containers that are easy to just throw on any camp stove.

Find with camping and wanting to have easy and hearty meals that are quick, all the prep you can do at home makes settling in to the end of your fishing day that much easier.

- we also do the fajita kit with prepared chicken and or beef

- steak and rice, if potatoes are too heavy

- pasta with prepared meat sauce in ziploc, quick and easy, with side dishes of fish of course

Pete as someone who's deadly allergic to peanuts, make sure the trip is completely nut free. Cross contamination is real issue when you've got only a few knives/forks. Also some of the Mountain house freeze dried meals are pretty good!

Pete as someone who's deadly allergic to peanuts, make sure the trip is completely nut free. Cross contamination is real issue when you've got only a few knives/forks. Also some of the Mountain house freeze dried meals are pretty good!

good point, with the remoteness extra cautions should be taken

the pre-cooked bacon isn't quite as good as the raw stuff, but it's light weight and quick to cook

pitas and flat bread seem to stay fresh longer than bread

we bring paper plates and burn them after, less dishes

here is our menu for this year......we also have fish with every meal

Fly in dinners
Hamburger helper
BBQ chicken thighs,Lipton side,corn
Fish bake and rice
Brisket,carrots and egg noodles in gravy
Smoked Ham,scalloped potatoes,brocolli
Tacos
Leftovers

Fly in lunches

Soup,grilled Ham and cheese
Hot dogs,chips,potato salad
Hamburgers,chips,cucumbers in Sour cream
Brisket on a bun,coleslaw,corn chips
Fish fry
Sausage on a bun
Leftovers

Fly in breakfasts

Eggs,bacon,toast
Blt's
Eggs,bacon,toast
Pancakes and sausage
Blt's
Peameal on a bun
Oatmeal

I took my kids on fly ins when they were young. Plan a couple very simple meals to cook around the campfire

Roast hot dogs on a stick that he picks out of the forest.

Make simple sandwiches for in the boat but wrap them in tin foil and pull in for a shore lunch. Make a small fire and heat the sandwich up over the coals

and you must take a bag of marshmallows and chocolate cookies with you to make smores

Stop by dollarama as they have cheap hot dog roasters, campfire grills and such to take with you

My kids remember these little things still today more than they fish they caught

Kids love weird meals. The weirder they sound, and the stories that go with them make all the difference. I got real creative serving up camp meals like Green eggs and ham, train smash, etc.....

Don't forget hotdog spiders, banana boats and smores