NF-looking at buying a jeep

Paudash

listen to your mother -- get a grand with a v8 hemi since gas is not an issue.

the wranglers are nice and very capable off road plus they are body on frame not unibody but i donno if id wanna spend tons of miles in one either

I've never had a Jeep Wrangler, I've always wanted one, so I can relate to the OP

you guys are talking about mileage, ride, quality issues etc

here's my advice, Paudash, you only live once, so what the heck? Maybe if we walk in together and buy 1 each we'll get a better deal???

i have a 08 jeep liberty and i love my jeep. If you are looking at used and fuel mileage the liberty might be the better option. brand new the cherokee trailhawk and if money is of no concern and you want a sweet ride for the bush and cruising around with the top off and doors off get the wrangler. if you wont like it the wranglers have awesome resale value.

I had a '03 TJ for a little over a year and sold it last summer. It was a fun thing to drive... but noisy, bumpy and lacked comfort. I like the new full size wranglers.. they're probably a lot more comfortable than my old tj. I was in the shop a few times, nothing huge but a lot of little things started to go so I sold it and moved on. Those things rust nicely so take are of it well if you get one. I put a nice amount of clicks on mine in 16 or so months and to be honest, after I switched to a comfortable ride I won't go back to one of those just because I drive a lot. 40k/year is a lot, so make sure you're comfortable in it if you wanna keep it for a long time. I do kinda miss driving that thing around, they do have something about them....

I had a cj5 for a few years it was good off the road but it was windy, noisy and cold in the winter. I found a hard top International Scout that was just a tank anywhere you pointed it it would go.

Art

I'm in the same boat, I have been looking at a few different models as I'm planning on getting a new "car" this year, and the jeep is one of the ones i've been looking at so this is giving me allot of good information.

Edited by DynamicBear