Stoggie Anglers

Paulus

Well, we're nearing that time of year where maybe - just maybe - Spring might perhaps kind of slowly start & we there might actually be some open water for us steelhead afficionados.

Speaking of afficionados, does anyone else here appreciate "schmokin a schtoggie" when fishing, steelhead or otherwise?

Share your pics if you got'em!

DSC01783.JPG

Stoggie + MO-stache + steelhead. Gotta love it!

DSC01781.JPG

Bent-rod stoggie...

DSC_0545.NEF.jpg

Soon, very soon. In the meantime, stay schmokie, my friends.

p.-

Edited by Paulus

Lol, thanks :) - believe it or not, those schtoggies were beautiful. They've become part of the experience for me now, though. I can't smoke'em unless I'm fishin'! :P

p.-

I like the odd one once in a while myself,not sure I could do it while holding a rod and fighting a fish lol.

Cigars make me gag, but glad you enjoy them! The bows have started if you know where to look!

I know a few places, but... like Danny Glover said... I'm to old for that $. :D

Never EVER forget that hat!!! Soon buddie soon, we will be slaying some steel.

It's a comin'! It's a comin'! You have to do a photographic essay of the hat, dude. That would rock! ... sort of...

I lost a big beautiful Blue catfish to a nice stoogie. I still smoke em while I fish....just the cost of enjoying the day.

Art

My point exactly! And if you know where to get em they don't even cost that much. Bonus!

p.-

Always got a cigar or chew with me while fishing.... don't see a band on that one... what do you smoke usually?

I usually take the ring off before I light one, just because I usually go right down to the nub. I usually get Flor de Oliva torpedos - but these are Nestor Miranda seconds, gordos. Still trying to figure out why they're seconds, because I've only had one that didn't burn evenly. Otherwise.... like cold beer on a hot day... they're so good!

I cruise atlanticcigars.com and cigarplace.biz for the best deals ;)

p.-

love having a stick while on the water. Really digging the H.Upmann Half Coronas right now but I'll be switching up to some longer sticks when it warms up. Atlantic cigars is great. They price match if you ever see a better deal :)

love having a stick while on the water. Really digging the H.Upmann Half Coronas right now but I'll be switching up to some longer sticks when it warms up. Atlantic cigars is great. They price match if you ever see a better deal :)

I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip :).

Looks like the warmer weather's just around the corner.... time to get out there and light one (or two) up!

:)

p.-

3 out of the 4 guys from our fishing trip group love cigars (and scotch)

Big hit on our last trip was having each guy bring his choice of a cigar paired with his choice of a single malt. Was great and will now be a tradition

We smoked Bolivar royal Coronas, monte #2s and Vegas Robaina Famosas

Also love my non cubans in no order:

Oliva Series V

Padron anniversaires

Rocky Patel

Romeo (black band)

Most Fuentes

Tatuaje

To name a few.

On Balsam lake love a good walleye drift or troll with a strong dark coffee and a stogie

Cheers

Gordy

I tried the colts up North that is the nastiest stick I have ever thrown away lol. There are a large amount of good $2.00 cigars to huff on. I use a website called http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/ it may ship up North if they do they are a goldmine of great deals. The selection is broad and in the off times such as mid day and late at night the bids are usually not bumped up.

Art

I tried the colts up North that is the nastiest stick I have ever thrown away lol. There are a large amount of good $2.00 cigars to huff on. I use a website called http://www.cigarauctioneer.com/ it may ship up North if they do they are a goldmine of great deals. The selection is broad and in the off times such as mid day and late at night the bids are usually not bumped up.

Art

oh man i wasn't being serious lol. Colts are horrible. I myself don't enjoy cigars. I do enjoy sampling the whiskeys etc that make their way onto back lake trips though:)