Favorite Crayfish Plastics

mattaw

Hey all,

As I gear up for this summer season (if it ever gets warm), I've noticed I have a distinct lack of crayfish plastics in my tackle box. Was wondering what some of your favorite brands and colors were.

I fish in the Paudash lake/Bancroft area if that helps.

Without a doubt, berkley crazylegs chigger craw black and red fleck.

I appreciate it, any other colors work well for you? I haven't had much success with red fleck on my lakes for some reason... the black fleck on another color (ex pumpkin) seems to be killer in other plastics for me

Live target in dark,and the Rebel deep craw crank also dark.Mind you these aren't plastics.

I have a couple sitting around in my tackle box... will have to bust them out again this year, they got neglected last season

Edited by mattaw

Only other color i tried was green and red or purple fleck, cant remember??? Where i fish in nw ontario the black/red works amazing. I don't even use any others now. Has to be the crazylegs version though, i bought chigger craws on accident onetime, same color, and my success went way down. I should also add that its not only smallies that love em, walleye do to and 3 of my biggest pike came on these plastics. For pike and bass its usually on a weightless, or lighly weighted wide gap hook, for walleye its on a shakeyhead jig(i like northlands), and small round head jigs for panfish but i cut off the bottom 2/3 of the plastic

2 different types for me

when rigged weedless on a worm hook or as a trailer on a jig I have a few that seem to get used up faster than the others

Berkley Chigger Craw

Gambler Ugly Otter

Strike King Rage Craw

For more clear water finesse (shaky head, jig head) type waters for smallies

TUBES!!!!!!

and zoom brush hogs

I was checking out done new ones at my friends booth at the spring fishing show they were cool. Check out anglers choice they are also a Canadian made bait here in Ontario.

A bit lost on the company or how to find the baits... am I missing something here? Supporting local tackle / tackle shops is a big thing when I can do it.

yup...use them for everything! Drop shotting with the smaller size is amazing.

Do you have a cheaper place to get them than what's easily searchable on google? The cheapest I could find was $12 for a pack of 7. The way my plastics get beat up, it seems like I'd be running through an awful lot of money that way.