This spot has been 100% -- Updated

NAW

Second time this season snowshoeing in to this spot. Very last minute, or I would have had a few others with me. Just a solo mission today.
image_zps18fcc473.jpg

I found this guy on the walk in. He must have crashed pretty hard...
image_zpsa4218fb3.jpg

I wasn't set up and fishing until after 10 am. Blue Bird sky. I wasn't getting my hopes up.
image_zps1e833cf2.jpg

Testing out a new Christmas present. A Frabil 38" heavy action rod.

First bite, I didn't set the hook right. And I lost the fish. I'm used to short hydro poles...

I was marking some monsters, but they where just coming up for a sniff, then back down.

My wife texts me that she's on her way home, that's my que to pack up and leave. Moments later, one rises up from bottom and dings my williams.

No messing around this time. I set the hook good and hard. Nothing big, but it's still 16" toward team 6!!
image_zps67134264.jpg

The rod has a real nice feel to it. I'm gunna try for some big pike and see how it handles.

image_zps83ee7ace.jpg

Home just before 1. Great way to kick of the long weekend!

Edited by N.A.W

Thanks guys!!

It's funny... The 4 guys I want to bring to this spot are the first 4 to post on the thread!

Nice Nick.

1st pic

Did you play the bag pipes out there? LMAO

Nah... I was huffin and puffin a little though!

Edited by N.A.W

It's funny... The 4 guys I want to bring to this spot are the first 4 to post on the thread!

Im open Monday.LOL

Sunday Terry and I will be fishing 500+ predrilled holes. ;)

Care to join? Room for many.LMAO

Edited by Misfish

Can't make out an auger in that photo but I can see a spud... :wacko:

I spud holes for the work out.. And it's easier on my tendinitis.. Cranking manual augers doen't work for me. There was only 16" of crappy soft ice to get through... Took no time at all!

Hey bunk, so far the Frabil it working great. But I've yet to tie in to anything really big with it. Maybe this weekend...Chad..? :whistling: I'll let you know how it holds up.

• 3 weeks later...

The stat still stands... :D

This afternoon I took some friends from work out for an evening bite.

It worked out great, because THEY drove me up in their truck, and THEY provided food and beverages!!!! One heck of an easy guide job for me!! I just provided the gear, and hiked it all in and out of the spot. Baited hooks, froze my fingers off.... But it was worth it.

The one fella is from the rock, so he knows how to fish.. He got the first bite, but lost it half way up.

I wasn't far behind, but I buried it good, and iced a PB for this lake. 22" and a few more notches in the belt for team 6!

Again with this spot, it was about 10 minutes before we had planned on packing up. In fact, the one friend was starting to complain about being cold, and so I was just going to finish my beverage, and pack up to leave...

image_zpsd96324ec.jpg

Edited by N.A.W

The weather is a funny thing in muskoka this year...

Nice at my house. Nice hike in...

But 5 minutes after we set up, it turned in to a steady wind and snow fall... With a nice brisk windchill...

Edited by N.A.W