New boat opinions wanted.

Freshtrax

I'm looking for a hardtop aluminum in the 22ft + range. It's going to get rigged out for the Great Lakes. So far my choice seem pretty obvious . I'm thinking starcraft Islander. Hoping to find a 26 ft hardtop, If someone knows of another boat that I might not have considered that meets these criteria please let me know . It needs to be able to sleep 2 ,trailerable , and big enough for 4 out on the Great Lakes. I got the spoon puller bug. What can I say. I'm also hoping to stay under 15 k

Pros

Easy to repair

Light

Fuel efficient

Cheap

Takes to banging of rocks better than glass

Cons

Rougher ride than fibreglass

Edited by Freshtrax

My buddy had a 19ft islander with a V4 in it and had a little sleeper berth and a small portable potty in it was a very great salmon boat and was pretty good on fuel and was awesome in fairly rough water good choice is you can find one in decent shape but there are many options out there !!!! I hope you have a truck to pull it they are not feather weight that's for sure

I think it will be pretty good on simcoe greasers too. Me and the wife need a few years to save for a cottage, and with this we can do weekend trips , and weeklong trips up the noth end of georgian bay. And enter a few tounaments down on lake o.

Edited by Freshtrax

They are sweet boats. I'd love to own one for a few seasons and just concentrate on rigging lake O, then move it to quinte in the fall... that would be the life!

I saw one on kijiji a few weeks ago out of st catherines, but think it was smaller then you're looking for...

Anyone know if the islander and sylvan offshore are the same hulls?