Where in Ontario to get an Ion Electric Auger?

Rich

18 volt rigid drill/driver combo with 2 batteries, $180 at Home Depot, $10 for adapter, and the cheapy normark auger for $50, your at $270 and it is multi purpose. I get close to 40 holes give or take on 2 batteries through a foot of ice. You just need to fashion an auger retainer of some sorts to fit on the adapter! The ion is nice to look at, but it retails for $540 and reportedly gets 40 holes per charge. I personally could make more use of the drill/driver!

18 volt rigid drill/driver combo with 2 batteries, $180 at Home Depot, $10 for adapter, and the cheapy normark auger for $50, your at $270 and it is multi purpose. I get close to 40 holes give or take on 2 batteries through a foot of ice. You just need to fashion an auger retainer of some sorts to fit on the adapter! The ion is nice to look at, but it retails for $540 and reportedly gets 40 holes per charge. I personally could make more use of the drill/driver!

40 holes with an 8" bit?? Big difference there....

I just drill MY OWN holes by hand with a finbore 3.....never had a problem. Comes with 2 batteries that never quite, and will drill 8" holes all day long through whatever thickness the ice is ;)

S.

I just drill MY OWN holes by hand with a finbore 3.....never had a problem. Comes with 2 batteries that never quite, and will drill 8" holes all day long through whatever thickness the ice is ;)

S.

Yes, and you are still a young man, wait until you get up in my age class and we'll see how many holes you want to drill in a day by hand LOL.

S.

No of course not, I haven't owned an 8 inch auger in 10 years. You sound like a real tough mudder, happy drilling!

I got a Milwaukee for xmas this year just for ice fishing. I have it paired with an 8" auger from Bass pro and it works beautifully. My buddy has a strikemaster gas auger and it takes me 1/2 the time to drill through 8" of ice. I've drilled hole(S) in 13" of ice like butter. May want to look into doing that instead of an Ion. Much lighter option also.

Wow. That video kinda did it for me...ice gator it is. Im no machinist or anything of the sort Brian, wish I had that kinda skill.

Please let me know if you do end up finding an ice gator. I read elsewhere that they are getting out of business.

My guess is that a mom & pop company just can't beat out the big guys in the market nowadays.

This is a very niche and exotic market where they've yet been able to solidify their name in the industry. And without a low end product that you sell huge numbers of, you are looking at a tough time to stay in business. Just a prediction after looking at the website / social media.

Who knows, maybe they're still alive and well somewhere. I hope they are, because I'd like one.

After careful consideration and using my friend's electric auger I'll wait for the next wave of that technology and continue with old lefty & righty on the swede bore. Lol

What you didn't name your "guns" thunder and lightning. lol

Art