I like it,electric augar

misfish

All this talk about going electric with hand augars,I decided to make my own attachment and see what all the fuss is about.

Well I can tell you. This is the cats  :asshat: .

Ya I know I could buy an adapter for the drill,but I want something I know will last.

Took me a half hour to machine it out,used my last 15 minute break to weld it together and paint.

Grabbed the drill from work for the test run and headed to the ice after work.

Finbor 3 cuts like a hot knife through budda by hand,but he weight alone from the drill is enough to make it cut with ease. Boy theres lots of ice out at Minets now.

One thing I will add. I,ll be buying a new cordless,but it will have the key locking chuck. The hand tight ones are not for this.

The plate you see is for if for any reason the auger were to seperate from the drill,it wont go through the hole. Seen that on youtube. :good:

009_zps503c8843.jpg

007_zpsc2c2b221.jpg

No gas to deal with,and the handle is there if need be.

IM HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

BTW,I am not putting any down force on the unit,it is cutting by it,s self.

Edited by Misfish

Nothin wrong with old school! Wonder if real cold temps would make the plastic tightener on my chuck brittle. Wouldn't wanna bust it. Just saw the vid. that looks almost too easy, is that an 18v and 6" auger?

Edited by kuha

is that an 18v and 6" auger?

Yes,but that drill has worked it,s self to death almost.

Before the video,I had already done 10 or so holes.  It was so cool.LOL I tried to take a vid by myself,but walked out to a guy to help me.

Cutting with one hand. Thats how good these fin 3,s are.

Little tricky try to film and cut.LOL All these came from my Galaxy cell phone.

I was considering this also, but haven't seen anyone with an 8". Seen clam had an adapter. Really though, how long would the battery last?

Ya Im looking at getting the Clam. As for holes. I know one guy that has gotten 40+ holes out of one charge. 6 inch not 8. A second battery can be kept in you inside pocket to keep it warm.

Edited by Misfish

When yer walking and draggin Mike. This is the best for me.

Husqvarna amkes a great power auger. My uncle has one. Sweet machine.

I'll have to try it before hating it. My propane 8" was awesome 1st pull machine every time but was heavy. I sold it and am now trying the much lighter Husqvarna 8" and it's pretty cool. Much lighter but not a 1st pull machine, takes 2 or 3 pulls but it reliable. I disliked hang augers they hurt my back some that winter. When it would punch through i hurt something….regardless the drill is a nice idea but that low bending might suck after awhile but hey that's part of the game!

Paul just bought that adapter and we used it last weekend, minus the circle, and we did almost lose the blade down the hole a few times. Paul was worried about that though and grabbed it just as it broke through each time. Will have to go get one of the circle things.

Paul just bought that adapter and we used it last weekend, minus the circle, and we did almost lose the blade down the hole a few times. Paul was worried about that though and grabbed it just as it broke through each time. Will have to go get one of the circle things.

I made the adapter and the plate is from a part we deep draw a part . All the goodness from work.LOL

Edited by Misfish