A fall from grace (the Duck Dynasty)

redpearl99

The show has everything the more radical left hates, Christians that are true to their faith, guns and hunting, family, the ideal that hard work is good, a declared standard of right and wrong....I bet the rants, distortions and intollerance are just starting from those that hate all they stand for...this world has truly drawn up sides but as for me I love the show. Fall from grace.... no they seem to understand real grace fine.

Edited by mosquito

I just heard an interesting take on this, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. The theory is they wanted out of the A&E contract. Now, just supposing this is true, one would have to say the country pumpkins outsmarted the network execs. There seems to be a growing backlash against him being suspended or fired or whatever has transpired. They may just have trapped A&E. If that was the plan I may just become a fan afterall.

I just heard an interesting take on this, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit. The theory is they wanted out of the A&E contract. Now, just supposing this is true, one would have to say the country pumpkins outsmarted the network execs. There seems to be a growing backlash against him being suspended or fired or whatever has transpired. They may just have trapped A&E. If that was the plan I may just become a fan afterall.

Pretty smart move in that case, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Phil Robertson is no country bumpkin. He is a smart man who had a sweet arm back in the day, some guy named Bradshaw was his backup QB. He has his religious beliefs, GQ asked him a question and he answered it truthfully. What do the execs at A and E think?? Maybe they should have asked him what A and E thinks of homosexuality. I give kudos to the family for rallying around their patriarch. Other networks would be more than happy to pick up the show. A and E had better back off or end up losing the #1 rated reality show on tv. Mind you, this could be scripted as most everything is these days but that is another topic.

Seeing as Phil started the company in 1972, I'm willing to bet they were rich long before the TV show was even thought of and I can't help but think their quality calls and word of mouth is why they have $$$.

Part of being a redneck is giving honest answers when people ask you a question and not giving a rats ass what people think of you :D. I don't think his comments justified an "indefinite suspension" from the show. Neither do my GAY brother or his GAY boyfriend, who both enjoy the show.

i never meant my comment to suggest they are rich because of the show, but more because they are intelligent business men. Id be willing to bet he knew exactly what kind of response would come of this, its possibly a moral issue with some but as far as business goes its just a smart thing to do. And really who cares what he said about gays? I dont necesarily agree with his comments but he has every right to say what he feels.

Phil Robertson is no country bumpkin. He is a smart man who had a sweet arm back in the day, some guy named Bradshaw was his backup QB. He has his religious beliefs, GQ asked him a question and he answered it truthfully. What do the execs at A and E think?? Maybe they should have asked him what A and E thinks of homosexuality. I give kudos to the family for rallying around their patriarch. Other networks would be more than happy to pick up the show. A and E had better back off or end up losing the #1 rated reality show on tv. Mind you, this could be scripted as most everything is these days but that is another topic.

I don't think people realize how smart of a man he is. Fooled by the camo and frog hunting, lol.

It's not about free speech. It's about business, racism and homophobia. It's not a free speech debate. He can speak whatever bull he wants but his employer has a right to dismiss him if they feel he is damaging their product.

Being Anglo Saxon or Christian means you are a racist or anti -gay? Give me a beak!!!!!

Landry

^^ this

I went on the a&e website , hit the feedback button and sent them an email showing my dislike for their cowardice in giving in to a group of people who disagree with Phil's opinion. I told them that if they give in to the gay and lesbian group for the stance of the church Phil belongs to then they should remove any programing that has gays and lesbian's on because I don't agree with that lifestyle or any show that has catholics on it since I don't agree with the stance that their church has on abortion.

hopefully they will see the absolute absurdity of giving it to one vocal group over the rights of others, especially now that the Robertson family has issued a statement that they cannot see going forward with any more episodes without Phil. GOOD FOR THEM.

Nah NG channel has that great show about people living near the Arctic Circle. Crazy lady waaay up north at an airstrip, the young trapper who I think is the most interesting person featured. The couple with the dog teams, meh...

AE, OLC and others have long ago lost the plot in search of viewer numbers. I find APTN has some really good shows, Dene A Journey is a great one.

The show has everything the more radical left hates, Christians that are true to their faith, guns and hunting, family, the ideal that hard work is good, a declared standard of right and wrong....I bet the rants, distortions and intollerance are just starting from those that hate all they stand for...this world has truly drawn up sides but as for me I love the show. Fall from grace.... no they seem to understand real grace fine.

Someone that gets it

At the end of the day who cares what he says, what his beliefs are. The guys an admitted alcoholic and druggie, probably stole and assaulted people as well. Are these traits of a hero? Does anyone hold this guys sayings as the everlasting truth?

Seriously, the guy made duck calls....... :dunno: .....who freeking cares!!!!

If you want to have a hero, or someone you look up to, pick a surgeon who performed a life saving operation, or a fireman, or one of our brave military personel. But a freeking duck call, trash tv born again guy with a checkered past??

Pathetic!

At the end of the day who cares what he says, what his beliefs are. The guys an admitted alcoholic and druggie, probably stole and assaulted people as well. Are these traits of a hero?

Are you ever out of touch with faith.

Hero??????????

Like you said,,,,,,

The guys an admitted alcoholic and druggie,

Think WAS,is the word you were looking for.

One that can battle those addictions and make a a good life,he,s not a hero,but a person that made his way back,the right .way.

Some of you guys have a funny idea of what "free speech" is.

Sure...Phil can say whatever he wants to GQ or whomever else asks him for his opinion. He has that right just as A&E has the right to fire an employee who they felt violated their code of conduct. You cause your employers headaches...they might let you go. It's the same for all of us and has NOTHING to do with free speech.

I'll bet very few people who feel Phil's first amendment rights were violated felt the same when Bill Mayer got fired for his 9/11 comment about the relative courage of a suicide attack vs pressing a button that launches a missile. People are usually more eager to stand up for "freedom of speech" when they agree with the speaker.

Duck Dynasty is without a doubt the single most contrived "realty show" I have ever seen. Phil must have been aware that the Hollywood liberals who produce the show orchestrate every move they make and word they say...and that they're not going to stand by and let him jeopardize the revenue stream they've got going on.

A&E probably over-reacted, and since (I'm guessing) most DD fans aren't exactly offended by what he said, he'll probably be back on the show after issuing some sort of semi-apologetic statement or "clarification". Moreover, it's quite possible that they're purposefully milking the situation for publicity.

I went on the a&e website , hit the feedback button and sent them an email showing my dislike for their cowardice in giving in to a group of people who disagree with Phil's opinion. I told them that if they give in to the gay and lesbian group for the stance of the church Phil belongs to then they should remove any programing that has gays and lesbian's on because I don't agree with that lifestyle or any show that has catholics on it since I don't agree with the stance that their church has on abortion.

hopefully they will see the absolute absurdity of giving it to one vocal group over the rights of others, especially now that the Robertson family has issued a statement that they cannot see going forward with any more episodes without Phil. GOOD FOR THEM.

Welcome to 1965.

Dont confuse basic human rights with the 'rights' of some hillbilly to make remarks about a 'group' consisting of lesbians and gays.

Dont confuse state with religion

How is this even a conversation. Christ.

He is so wrong on all fronts to say what he said. Its unacceptable, really.

He can think it all he wants and live in his narrow-minded homophobic life but he cannot on a publicly traded company come out and say gays are doomed.

Welcome to 1965.

Dont confuse basic human rights with the 'rights' of some hillbilly to make remarks about a 'group' consisting of lesbians and gays.

He can think it all he wants and live in his narrow-minded homophobic life but he cannot on a publicly traded company come out and say gays are doomed.

Welcome to 2013 where freedom of speach is allowed only after review by Human Rights commisions declare it isn't going to offend anyone and anything resembling truth isn't allowed and tolerance is a one way street only allowed if it is approved by the lefts standard of behaviour. He has the rights to say it and A&E has the right to do what they did.

You seem very ready to declare youd judgement of him and his views with so little evidence, have you read all of what he said? If not then you have a very narrow minded judmental (but based on what standard?) attitude and even though you use Christ in your post there is a definite suggestion of either an ignorance or a phobia of Christianity. As for narrow minded.... yep the narrow path where true grace is found is the one he seems to be on... while so much of the world is on the wide easy path that leads to judgment and destruction and that is the message they hate most. The adulterer, the thief, the murderer... they all don't like the judment too and are include (excluded from the media usually) if you knew anything about the rest of the passage.

Edited by mosquito

Welcome to 2013 where freedom of speach is allowed only after review by Human Rights commisions declare it isn't going to offend anyone and anything resembling truth isn't allowed and tolerance is a one way street only allowed if it is approved by the lefts standard of behaviour. He has the rights to say it and A&E has the right to do what they did.

You seem very ready to declare youd judgement of him and his views with so little evidence, have you read all of what he said? If not then you have a very narrow minded judmental (but based on what standard?) attitude and even though you use Christ in your post there is a definite suggestion of either an ignorance or a phobia of Christianity. As for narrow minded.... yep the narrow path where true grace is found is the one he seems to be on... while so much of the world is on the wide easy path that leads to judgment and destruction and that is the message they hate most. The adulterer, the thief, the murderer... they all don't like the judment too and are include (excluded from the media usually) if you knew anything about the rest of the passage.

Actually, i was raised catholic.

So i feel comfortable telling you to keep your pseudo-religious psycho babble to yourself.

None of it is relevant here as it pertains to one man pissing on the lifestyle and choices of individuals as it pertains to their sexual interests.

Welcome to 1965.

First off this isn't just "some hillbilly" he is a well educated man that was quite successful way before A&E signed him. A&E knew exactly what they were getting with Phil Robertson. Just a little while back he took issue with the producers of the show because of them editing out some of his biblical beliefs and prayer and the end of each show, they supposedly consided on that note.

Phil spoke his mine in what he believes. You must not believe in the bible or a religion.

Secondly your post is no different than what he did, only difference is you weren't being interviewed on GQ.

Are you ever out of touch with faith.

Hero??????????

Like you said,,,,,,

The guys an admitted alcoholic and druggie,

Think WAS,is the word you were looking for.

One that can battle those addictions and make a a good life,he,s not a hero,but a person that made his way back,the right .way.

What my faith is, or what I choose to follow is my business and no one else's business. And I will certainly never try to influence or try to sway others to believe what I believe. If he has his beliefs then he should keep them to himself, period. Too many of these so called stars try to use their influence to sway others. And when it could lead to young minds and people in general developing intolerance or even encourage hate or hate crimes, then it's just wrong.

If he's a recovering addict, good for him.

Do I care, NO!

Not in the even least amount.