Service Canada....definately not fishing...

lookinforwalleye

Wholly frustrating... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: has anybody ever called one of their phone numbers and actually spoken to a human being??? or is it all just a run around, push this # and get lost or push this # and take a hike or push this # and drop dead.

They took my money for 40 years the least they could do is let me talk to a human for 5 friken minutes!!!

End of rant....you now may return to your regularly scheduled program!!!

Wholly frustrating... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: has anybody ever called one of their phone numbers and actually spoken to a human Bean??? or is it all just a run around, push this # and get lost or push this # and take a hike or push this # and drop dead.

They took my money for 40 years the least they could do is let me talk to a human for 5 friken minutes!!!

End of rant....you now may return to your regularly scheduled program!!!

A week and a half ago I went to the one in Barrie, 10 wickets, 7 tellers or agents. 6 were for healt cards and D/L. 1 was there for fish/hunt licence renewal. I stood there while she dealt with a welfare scam artist. I even asked if any of the others were cross trained, it was like I was asking for the impossible..that's why I think of them as Beans.

A week and a half ago I went to the one in Barrie, 10 wickets, 7 tellers or agents. 6 were for healt cards and D/L. 1 was there for fish/hunt licence renewal. I stood there while she dealt with a welfare scam artist. I even asked if any of the others were cross trained, it was like I was asking for the impossible..that's why I think of them as Beans.

I feel your pain... Then again if you went to get your fishing licence at Service Canada which is the federal government, it would have been really interesting if someone could have helped you. Fishing licences come from the ONTARIO government. No offence LOL.

Went in this morning to get my plate sticker, got there at 8:20 and was told very bluntly to wait outside, they don't open until 8:30. at 8:32 someone came and opened the door, heaven forbid someone should start a few minutes early like we do in the private sector.

If I could go back in time I'd have gone for a goverment job, little work, lots of money!

If I could go back in time I'd have gone for a goverment job, little work, lots of money!

I worked for a municipal government as did my brother and then my wife, my mother & my father all worked for the Provincial government.

We all worked hard and nobody was overpaid.

I hate when all government employees are covered with the same blanket.

Edited by lew

Can't you do that stuff online these days....? You own a computer, printer, credit card and have a mailing address right? For that reason you experienced, if I can I go online for that stuff, not having to deal with any of those service center dolts.... I agree it's like your speaking Dutch when you ask them a question.... Now if they could only bring back those service center kiosks for my plate renewal sticker, that would great.

Went in this morning to get my plate sticker, got there at 8:20 and was told very bluntly to wait outside, they don't open until 8:30. at 8:32 someone came and opened the door, heaven forbid someone should start a few minutes early like we do in the private sector.

I have to agree with Lew.... painting a pretty broad stroke there. Also aren't your licence bureaus franchised out. The one where I live is and the one in the town I work in is as well.

I laughed when I went to get my last plate renewal, I walked in and there was NO ONE there? I went outside and here was the OWNER of the franchise looking at and sitting in a car that a guy had bought his wife (a friend of hers) as a gift for her 60th birthday... She hadn't seen me go in, but headed in right away. I had to stand there for 20 more minutes while she got him his personalized plates and discuss what kind of scalloped potatoes she should bring to the party that night. Then just when it was my turn a dealer walked in and she told me to wait because the dealer had called and needed a set of plates for a car that was being picked up right away.... This is in a town of 8000 people so much for small town hospitality. I asked who owned the franchise so I could call them later and complain, she grinned and said you are talking to her.

I worked for a municipal government as did my brother and then my wife, my mother & my father all worked for the Provincial government.

We all worked hard and nobody was overpaid.

I hate when all government employees are covered with the same blanket.

Sorry Lew, should have thought that comment out a bit better! As with so many things today, there are good and bad in every walk of life!

Can't you do that stuff online these days....? You own a computer, printer, credit card and have a mailing address right? For that reason you experienced, if I can I go online for that stuff, not having to deal with any of those service center dolts.... I agree it's like your speaking Dutch when you ask them a question.... Now if they could only bring back those service center kiosks for my plate renewal sticker, that would great.

Well you got three out of four, no more printer. The last one was used may 3 times a year, the ink dried up and cost more than the darn printer, otherwise I would have gone that route. Anyway, 3 more years before I get to rant about that one again..

Sorry Lew, should have thought that comment out a bit better! As with so many things today, there are good and bad in every walk of life!

Don't be sorry Cliff. Most "government" employees are as described by you. Yes there are those that actually worked but not like in the private sector. Cannot compare working for a city/province/country and working in the private sector. Two totally different entities. ( Pensions) come to mind.

Don't be sorry Cliff. Most "government" employees are as described by you. Yes there are those that actually worked but not like in the private sector. Cannot compare working for a city/province/country and working in the private sector. Two totally different entities. ( Pensions) come to mind.

I had a reply for you Pete, but figured it's not worth wasting my breath.

Having spent a considerable amount of time in the public service, I can say with no doubt that there are plenty of useless slugs. There are however many outstanding, hard working individuals that work on a 24 hour basis to keep the wheels from falling off the bus. I have watched guys freeze their cans off to fix a main break at 3am at minus 30, while working their buts off, to the guys i saw driving the plows all night last night to clear the roads. i have seen people go out if their way to find info on things they have absolutely nothing to do with, just to help out a member of the public. I've seen this over and over, and fortunately I can say that I have seen more good than bad, however there is no question that a small section of the public service feels entitled to whatever they can get, for as little effort as possible. But guess what, I worked in the private sector previous to this, and saw a fair number of those same useless slugs doing the same thing, and I saw many of them keep jobs past the point where they should've been let go. Anyone collecting a government paycheck is going to be a natural target for those that assume we are getting a better deal. That is part of the gig, and I long ago stopped worrying about it!

I have watched guys freeze their cans off to fix a main break at 3am at minus 30, while working their buts off,

That would have been my brother...for nearly 30 years.

Would have liked to have been there when someone told him he was under worked and over payed.

I renewed my fishing and hunting license at Service Ontario on Simcoe Street in Barrie. I have nothing but good things to say about the receptionist and the young lady who actually renewed my license. Both were very friendly and efficient in performing their duties.

It took less than 10 minutes to complete. Happy, Happy, Happy.

many of you guys are confused. The OP is asking about Service Canada, which has nothing to do with fishing or driving licenses.

Service Canada --> employment insurance and Canada Pension Plan

Service Ontario --> fishing licenses, drivers licenses, health card...etc

And the difference in service between the two is......?

Not saying that Eddie and you were part of the lazy bunch working for Government Lew. Even you have commented to me in the past at how lazy some of the city workers are.

And I've also commented on how lazy some private sector workers are.

I'm done with this.