another newbee

bass_man

Hi guys, been following the forum for about a week and I liked what I saw and just wanted to be a part of this group.

Been fishing the last 20 years almost exclusively with my 3 sons in law but one of them passed on this spring and I really feel the loss.

The wife and I moved to Brantford to be with our daughter and her kids but I don't know anyone here and I need some kind of interaction.

Enough of that, I like to fish bass, pike, and musky, but will fish a mud puddle if it's the only water I can find.

Fell through the ice once when I was a kid so I don't go out on that at all.

Thanks for listening, I'll keep following the forum.

Jim

Well welcome aboard, give it a couple more weeks and the ice should be ready. If you really can't wait, there's always that little puddle down by Georgian College that gives up some small pike to amuse you. Even better, there's still guys catching some perch around the Barrie marina.

Welcome to the zoo. There's quite a few of us from the Brant area, If you're into river fishing the Grand can keep ya busy all through the soft water season, and there's no shortage of other options within an hour any direction you want to look - streams rivers and lakes. Look forward to some posts as you discover the area.

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys.

The Grand is intriguing, but at my age and delicate condition I cant walk the waterways any more but I've got the small boat for small water and the bigger boat for the lakes so I should be OK.

I have tried 2 of the Grand River Conservation lakes this year and look forward to trying the rest next.

Thinking about early Pike in the inner bay as soon as ice is out, any advice.

Jim