Best Place to service year old terrova?

RangerGuy

Try this guy Greg, I don't know anything about him but someone posted this a few years back and I saved the info.

Boat Tech

1058 Copperstone Dr, Unit 2

Pickering, ON L1W 3V8

905-686-5008

Edited by lew

aikman's isn't want it used to be.

Kinda disappointing to hear that Steve, they used to be good folks to deal with a few years back. I remember going in there about 12 years ago with a PD unit that stopped working. He said he was swamped and couldn't look at it for several days. I told him I lived 30 miles away and he said "OK, go grab a coffee and gimme an hour"

I came back an hour later and he had all taken care of.

Yup, used to be real good service.

i work up the street from his location.

while my maxxum was going through its issues, i visited every few days to get updates (it was middle of fishing season, and the motor was brand new).

each time he replaced more and more things, until finally the whole bottom end was replaced.

while there I saw folks picking up their reels and very few were happy.

one fella said he picked up his stradic for the third time only to still feel the broken tooth on the gear. when this fella questioned what was done, the guy's reply behind the counter (the son of the original owner), was "oh, I thought you just wanted a standard service". when the now frustrated customer pointed out the service order said replace gears, all that was said was I'll have to order a new set of gears...be three more weeks.

any reel work that now needs to be done goes back to peterborough for me. at least I know it gets done correctly, the first time. thats too bad though, as aikmans in right near my office.

i asked fishing world about it, as they are the ones who told me to go there. mike commented now that the son has taken over, things aren't as solid as they once were....guess the father was a stand up, quality repairman.

....guess the father was a stand up, quality repairman.

Yeah, the father was a great guy and the one who fixed my motor. I have dealt with the son too and there was a definite difference.

Nearly all of my fishing gear is Shimano and I'm only 30 minutes north of their Peterboro office, so any repairs I need go straight to them...but being Shimano, nuthin ever breaks :lol:

Yeh that's why I was asking about another place.

I didn't want to say because I couldn't remember his name lol!

I took 3 diawa td's there, they were very expensive

back in the day. They weren't casting well, they had

them for a month, I picked them up and nothing

was different, questioned them. They blamed it on the frames.

Rocky's was the place I was thinking couldn't remember what it was called awesome thanks! I will call him :)

I'll second Boat Tech, Grant Mills is a stand up guy, does quality work and really knows his stuff when it comes to Minn Kota trolling motors. He is a authorized dealer and warranty centre.

I too have had bad experiences with Aikmans but that was for servicing reels. Had 3 baitcasters serviced, all he did was clean the outside. I had to take one apart to see why it was still "grinding" and the inside of the reel was still with the old grease which blackens over time. I took the other 2 apart and same thing, he didn't even look at them.