MCI Insiders - someone have the pic of the anglers 59x34?

Steve

they didn't want the attention good guys and don't want any issues.

Can't blame them for that, too many times when someone posts a monster musky picture, all the "experts" tear them apart.

Edited by lew

This has got nothing to do with Muskies Canada other than it was an Ottawa Chapter member who caught it, not John Anderson by the way. The Gentleman who caught this fish is a humble retired guy who is trying to avoid this becoming a big sh*tshow.

I haven't seen the pic(s) either.

And Ex Musky Mike, comments like that have no merit.

Edited by Pigeontroller

I wasn't trying to be negative... Just posting what I heard... What I read... On a Facebook page of a well respected and trusted angler...

And until the story and picture are released rumors and assumptions will be all over the net....

Yours truelly

EX MUSKY MIKE... LMAO!!!!!

Edited by Mike Rousseau

I know the guy who caught it also and he is not one for trying to get hype at all. He is just a good guy that has put in his time and has paid his dues.

I must say when I was talking to him some time after he caught the beast it had to be hard to not talk about it as I know I could not keep my mouth shut about it if it was in my net.

His story will be released in the MCI RJ and I cant wait to read it. I also hope it does help to bring some good light to MCI and maybe pick up some members as we do have a great bunch of members here.

I know there will be another big fish story in there as well it should make for some good winter reading.

For now Kudos to him

No rush. Angler will tell his tale how he sees fit. His catch, his life. Looking forward to viewing this giant as I've take a much bigger interest in muskies this past fall, and this fish is a biggun judging by these preliminary details. LSC, Nipissing, St. Larry's, Ottawa, and even Rideau (for it's size) have all coughed up some great specimens seen online through 2013. Awesome to know the quality of the fishery is what it is, and that by some people's view is improving each year.

Just curious of potential weight.

http://www.muskyhunter.com/weight-calculator/

According to the above link that fish would weigh about 85.25 lbs.

The largest dozen or so caught and weighed fish were between 58-65 lbs.

Ken O'Brien's 65 lber was apparently 58 by 30.25 in.

That this fish is so much bigger is.....odd.

Speculating about weight is wasting your time. The formulas are not accurate, especially when it come to big fish. A scale is the only way.

Is that not Dale Mcnairs claimed 57 by 33 in your avatar?

This guy is gonna have one hell time with all the Bromance's he's gonna experience in the next year.

Signing autographs and body parts, taking pictures, not to mention the hoards of groupies - Doesn't get anymore Rockstar than this.

Sounds like a lot of Bromance's developing on this thread too. Crazy what a mammoth Ski will get you.

Edited by Chotchkies House

Speculating about weight is wasting your time. The formulas are not accurate, especially when it come to big fish. A scale is the only way.

Is that not Dale Mcnairs claimed 57 by 33 in your avatar?

Ya, using a weight calculator is only speculation.

But whatever, this fish sounds like it would be largest musky ever caught if measurements are accurate.

Have to wait for MCI's next issue i guess.

Seems like every year the fish are getting bigger and bigger , I have to wonder , is it because more anglers are targeting Muskie and go out later and later in the season , or with good genetics is the species evolving into a general population of larger specimens , I'd like to hear Darwin's take on the subject.

Seems like every year the fish are getting bigger and bigger , I have to wonder , is it because more anglers are targeting Muskie and go out later and later in the season ,

I think that technologies have allowed people to go out much later into winter to target world record musky.

Some musky guides have spent decades targeting biggest muskies (in Nov., Dec.) on St. Lawrence/Ottawa R. or Georgian Bay.like Mike Lazurus. This has resulted in a couple of near 60 lb. musky with all that time and effort for him.

This 59 by 34 in.fish is largest caught if accurately measured.