Six pack ring around a birds neck.

hammercarp

Six pack ring around an animals neck . I have seen pictures and posters and videos but today I witnessed it first hand. I know it's just one of those stinking cormorants but that is a gruesome and slow way to die. I would have no problem shooting these things or even knocking them on the head with a stick but this is something different. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.

IMG_20131103_130221 (700x800).jpg

It is a sad thing to see... I clip every one of the loops myself. As for the limit... I heard they lifted all possession limits on Canada Geese and Snow Geese this year for hunters, why not an open season on cormorants as well?

Yep, I have rescued a seagull that had one stuck around his neck.

I also take the scissors to 6 pack rings before throwing them out.

fishing line too, it really does take a long time to break down....I've came across more than one dead goose/loon tangled up along shoreline with fishing line around his neck, sad way to die

my last visit to London, ON I watched a cop on a bicycle write up a ticket to an angler at springbank park for littering, angler wasn't too happy and was quite verbal about it LOL but good to see him get a ticket

littering is one of those things that is inexcusable in my books, I get ripped on for having a filthy truck (at times) and my standard reply, "not the tidiest guy but hey, I don't litter"

Why even take the 6 pack rings fishing? Take the two seconds to seperate your cans. They are likely in a cooler bag anyway. Throw them in your blue box at home and for heavens sakes put the cans there too when you get back!