He's been sentenced

Fisherman

There is an officer in Sudbury who has a bucket full of convicted and outstanding charges who has been on payroll since 2011 and not working!. ...I wonder if the bully in the video got paid for being a d### as well. Police budgets are approx. 95 percent payroll....brutal waste of money, or at least they should have to pay it back if convicted.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/prosecutor-calls-sudbury-police-officer-deceitful-1.1703453

One year for a crime that can carry a 5 year sentence? That is called preferential sentencing.

No it's called canadian sentencing.

In the last 8 years I have seen very few people go to jail for assault. It was the breach of trust that landed him in jail

Edited by FishnNAutographs

It was the breach of trust that landed him in jail

And that's is the sad part; we teach our kids to trust the police and then a bone head like this guy breaks that trust we all should have for/in them.

I service a number of OPP cruisers and I've got to know quite a few of the officers; most a great people but there's a few that make you wonder why they've been able to keep their jobs; let alone allowed to carry a gun.

Dan.

No it's called canadian sentencing.

In the last 8 years I have seen very few people go to jail for assault. It was the breach of trust that landed him in jail

Funny, Thorold Hilton often has guests in on assault. As for "breach of trust"... He violated the law, and betrayed his duty. Where I come from we call it treason.