Need an estimate on a used boat

danc

Need some help on pricing on a used boat guys. It's a 2001 Lund Pro Sport, 60 hp Merc 4 stroke. EZ Loader galvanized trailer with new spare tire. Custom cover about 6 or 7 years old. No real extras included. It's in excellent mechanical shape. Visually it has some paint scratches and such. What would you pay for this rig??

Used boats really hold their value especially if its a Lund and in good shape. I'm not a huge merc fan but I bet a boat like that would be worth maybe 8500. Too bad it doesn't have bowmount trolling motor or electronics because those will set you back another grand or more, also it sounds underpowered with a 60 on a boat rated for 90.

Used boats really hold their value especially if its a Lund and in good shape. I'm not a huge merc fan but I bet a boat like that would be worth maybe 8500. Too bad it doesn't have bowmount trolling motor or electronics because those will set you back another grand or more, also it sounds underpowered with a 60 on a boat rated for 90.

That's more good news. Actually the 2001 Merc is a Yahama. And the 60 hp is perfect for me. Thanks for you input Rizzo.

That's more like what I wanted to hear. Anyone else?? What do you base this on Trevy?

I actually think that's a conservative estimate. I think this rig can fetch around $8500 given the Lund name.

Edit: if it's a Yammy, it should be somewhere around $9k

Edited by ah_long

if its rated for a 90hp max and its only got a 60hp,its still quite under powered and you will notice that for sure 2 guys with gear and tackle and gas trolling motor a few batteries...see where im going with this??? nothing worse than an under powered boat, i would always go with the max rated for the boat then its there when you need the power in my opinion you will regret not having the extra get up and go that the boat was designed for...

I bought a 2000 lund 17' with 90 johnson, the usual scratches and 1 small dent but above the water line, pretty decent shape, at auction for 7,250 for hull and o/b, no extras....trailer paint was rough looking but solid, no issues, new tires....i bought in march, initially I didn' want to bid more than 6 or 6.5 but things happen....lol

if that boat has a 60, I'd definitely think you would find it under powered...and at this time of year I would start low on your offer

Helped my Dad purchase a 1994 lund pro angler 1700 with a 1993 75 suzuki 2 stroke on it for $5500 this year so I would think the $8500 figure would probably be pretty close to what to expect to pay. But as Glen said, it is the cheapest time of year to purchase a boat.

And I think what the OP is trying to say is that it is a Merc Motor that was built by Yanaha. My 2006 4 stroke is the last year they did that i beleive.

Dan seems to think the 60hp is no problem ,good for what he needs. Seems like pricing with that package is key

Although it is a valid concern if you want the most performance out of your boat, I also don't find that to be a big deal.

My boat s rated for a 135 and has a 75 on the back of it. It hits 40 MPH with the right prop and only loses about 1mph with 3 people in it instead of just me...

Edited by Lape0019

I should clarify something about this situation. I do know a little bit about the history of this package including it's performance level and maintainance records because I am a co owner of it and have been since it was bought new in 01. I am simply trying to buy my partner out and want to know what a reasonable offer will be. I have that info now, thanks to you guys. I think I'll low ball him and tell him that you guys said it was worth 6 grand. Whatever it's worth I'll only be paying half, since I already own the other half. Wish me luck. :whistling: