Beteau Lake - September 2013 - Pictures Updated!!

hutch4113

Thought I would share some of the pictures from a recent trip to Eddie North - Beteau Lake (last week in fact). Had an excellent trip (but tiring). This is my 2nd time going - first time was in the Spring - when the water was high. This time the Fall - and what a difference.

I had in my mind the spots from last time - 99% of which we could not access due to water levels. It also looked completely different than what I remembered. The first few days then were hard work - finding new spots/and trying the old ones that produced before (Hello Caribou Bay). There was also one frustrating day - Tuesday - lost 5 30+ plus that day - 2 of which I am pretty sure were 40+, judging by how they looked. Some were bad hook sets, some hit right at the boat - and one snapped my line at the leader (bye bye top producing spoon - I hardly used you).

I brought a first time fly in person with me on this trip (have to get his pics later). He caught his first big Pike - 39" (and maybe more - forgot I had a tape measure).
Here are a couple of pictures:

First - my big walleye - 26"

FishingTrip-2013019.jpg

Edited by Tupelo

The rest for me were pretty much pike. I was hoping to break my PB from last time - 44 1/4. I am pretty sure I had one that qualified on Tuesday....and think I had the same one on the hook Friday (repeat after me - hook sets are free - hook sets are free), but the best I could do was 41".

Here is the 40" - I like it the best simply because the picture is awesome (not me - the fish).

FishingTrip-2013026.jpg

And the 41" (It was heavy)

FishingTrip-2013029.jpg

Edited by Tupelo

I will just add some more of my pics to Adam's thread here. I was up at Eddie's with my son again. He was up with me two years ago and bested everyone with a 43" pike. He did well again but I got back the trophy with a 45"er and a couple of 28" walleye. Enjoy

A flurry of pike.

5-32.jpg

4-32.jpg

22-37.jpg

15-38.jpg

16-38Teeth.jpg

7-32.jpg

1-35.jpg

3-36.jpg

13-36.jpg

18-36.jpg

And some decent 'eyes

6-23.jpg

14-26.jpg

9-24.jpg

17-28.jpg

10-28tank.jpg

11-28Teeth.jpg

12-Dinner.jpg

The rare white sucker that was snagged in the back by a spoon.

2-Sucker.jpg

Last but not least my two pike that keep me going back.

A heavy 42'er

19-42.jpg

20-42.jpg

21-42.jpg

And my new PB 45" which Adam already posted.

23-45.jpg

24-45.jpg

Being fully satisfied with my success I walked out on the river and hailed a plane which promply flew me back home.

Reef.jpg

25-Clouds.jpg

I will be going back up in a few weeks to chase down a Bull moose and catch more trophy pike and walleye.

Some additions. Would like to introduce a new person to the fishing forum (no idea if he has signed up yet) - Darrin. I took him out fishing a few times last year - he hooked into a reasonable size pick in Cooks Bay - but it broke his line - and ever since then he has been one bitter bitter fisherman (I jest). Anyway - I told him that what he caught in Cooks Bay would be peanuts. I think you can tell by his expressions that he does agree.

100_0406.jpg

100_0421.jpg

I told him he did not smile enough...this might be over the top:

100_0418.jpg

Have one more to add for him, as his big one it not on here yet.

Finally - Skud berated me incessantly (well..not really) on posting a horrible picture of my 41" - and truthfully he was right. The fish hold is not the greatest, the sun is behind me - what kind of a fisherman does such a thing?

Presenting the new shots - one cleaned up by Skud, and one by myself. Let the voting being!! (Disclaimer - these pictures have been cleaned up, but not enhanced :whistling: ).

Skud:

CleanPic.png

Tupelo:

FishingTrip-2013029-1.jpg

Here is another pic of my buddy. His biggest pike before this trip was 32". He landed this beauty 42". He had a larger pike on a few days later but it snapped his rod and then his line. He will be back up there for another shot at a monster.

Frank 42.jpg