Frosty morning view!

Rod Caster

haha redneck 'smore maker.

I have one other 'round house' out of the picture and about 3 cords in my wood shed (not pictured).

Even with the cold nights, my house is holding the heat quite well and haven't had to use any energy at all. I'm thinking I'll get away with less than 10 cords this year...my piles add up to about 8 or 9 (guessing).

You should have slit the belly and used the free bait to catch more. :P

hahaha, the perpetual trout murder.

Interesting way of piling wood. Never seen it done like that before. Is there a reason for piling it like that? Just curious?

S.

It's called a holz hosen (round house), my cousin who lives off the grid piles 'em this way for a couple reasons 1) aestetics and space efficiency 2) Reportedly it dries the wood faster... I decided to give it a shot.

SInce I only started cutting/stacking wood in July I needed to speed-dry my firewood. The round house apparently dries quicker due higher transpiration rates and the chimeney effect caused by its shape. It's a European thing from what I understand. After a couple of months, I'm very happy with the progress of the drying. The pile is slumping and the ends are cracking nicely.

Looks like you could put in a nice par 4 golf hole in there. Then my friend you would have the ultimate paradise!!!

Sweet property

I'm ahead of you on that one! Already launched a couple dozen balls down the 'fairway' haha.

Once I get a riding mower I might actually make some sort of par 3 hole. Yah!!