Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Brad Richards bought out by Rangers. Remember all the hype around him signing a few years ago when he was a free agent? Brian Burke was ripped because he couldn't, or wouldn't, sign him.

How smart Was NY for giving him that insane contract before the new CBA, they knew full well there was going to be a buyout option down the road if need be. Now who signs him for 2 mill? Its all about where he wants to go now.

It never really ends:

2014 season schedule and the new Rogers slanted Canadian NHL coverage.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-host-canadiens-to-open-2014-15-nhl-season-1.2683947

http://www.sportsnet.ca/rogers-unveils-2014-15-national-nhl-broadcast-schedule/

Edited by kickingfrog

Not to push Shanny,but he has do do something?,They are paying alot to him.I would love to see a 3-4 player shakeup as soon as possible to at least show the fans we are honestly trying to be a better the team!.

Yeah, and we know he has lots of players other teams are just dying to get !!!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Bahahahahahahahahahaha

He 's got like the hardest job on the planet right now. Trying to make a winner out of the laffs!!

:rofl2::rofl2:

Good luck with that!!

:clapping::whistling:

Edited by muskymatt

so what do we all think of the draft so far? in respect to the leafs I think they should've gone with Nikolaj Ehler the 9th selection by the jets, lotta offense from that guy, not to say that the one they picked doesn't but his seems to pale in comparison

Yeah another young draft pick that won't go in the corners and get his shirt dirty. I was hoping for something from the OHL or the WHL to add some sandpaper to this team.

I agree Shanahan can't enter next season with the same lineup that imploded last season. I know he's preaching patience but he also needs to send some kind of message to the players. Same coach, same GM, same rooster ............ isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result???

Dan O.

Well Gunnarsson gone, Roman Polak in and Tim gleason bought out, I'd say he's making some changes, heard he's looking at Christian Ehrhoff, trying to trade away Franson and Reimer so we'll see what happens tomorrow, they cleared a shade above 3 mill with the buyout of Gleason

That's good to hear. I did know about Gunarrson but Gleason I wasn't aware. Franson is a one trick pony. I remember when he held out at the start of last year only to come back and score an impressive goal on the powerplay off of a one timer. Well that was the SHOW for the year apparently. He struggled shortly after that and for the rest of the year.

I'm not sure but I would assume that most presidents of hockey operations in a club would still have the final say in the direction of the club, seems kinda redundant, but as they say two heads are better than one!