Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Not to worry. I just bought a lottery ticket, so I am mathematically able to still win the lottery. HAHAHAHA! Did I hear booooooo's last night? Wow some fans actually know some hockey!

The Laffs will airlift some new body next year and the hype will start all over again. Until the one dimensional players (no matter what their personal stats are) play both ways the Laffs will be forever mired in the Toronto curse regardless of all the yelling and cheering from their misguided fans.

So Toronto, the rest of the league has figured it out. The Laffs are ALWAYS short handed in their own end when your 'skill' players are on the ice. The Laffs 'skill' players only do their job between the blue line when they are racing to the opposition's net. They eve score once in a while and then coast back when the other team is pounding the Laffs goal tenders.

When the Laffs defense is left to carry the majority of the load while the skill players skate around in circles waiting for the puck for a break out, it is no wonder they look bad. DEFENSE IS A WHOLE TEAM EFFORT not just the job of the defense men. The Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey team made that painfully obvious and yet early in their campaign most of the Laff fans on this board criticized players like Crosby for lack of goal production and applauded Kessel (he's on fire) for his individual stats.

Bottom line, team defense wins. Laff fans should look at teams way ahead of the Laffs with a lot less scoring punch but with a total team commitment to defense. Not very exciting hockey but at the NHL level they win a lot of games and they can smother and frustrate opposing 'skill' players.

Good luck Laffs, I'll win the lottery before you win the cup.

muddler

Snif snif

Beautifully said!

LOL

What goalie were you watching?

Reimer was flopping like a fish out of water.

He too was not into the game.

He didn't seem comfortable but he didn't let any softies in. Most of those goals he was screened.

He didn't seem comfortable but he didn't let any softies in. Most of those goals he was screened.

Well even after watching Bernie,I have to say,he is the more solid goalie.

Reim will be gone next season. Hope him all the best.

Not to worry. I just bought a lottery ticket, so I am mathematically able to still win the lottery. HAHAHAHA! Did I hear booooooo's last night? Wow some fans actually know some hockey!

The Laffs will airlift some new body next year and the hype will start all over again. Until the one dimensional players (no matter what their personal stats are) play both ways the Laffs will be forever mired in the Toronto curse regardless of all the yelling and cheering from their misguided fans.

So Toronto, the rest of the league has figured it out. The Laffs are ALWAYS short handed in their own end when your 'skill' players are on the ice. The Laffs 'skill' players only do their job between the blue line when they are racing to the opposition's net. They eve score once in a while and then coast back when the other team is pounding the Laffs goal tenders.

When the Laffs defense is left to carry the majority of the load while the skill players skate around in circles waiting for the puck for a break out, it is no wonder they look bad. DEFENSE IS A WHOLE TEAM EFFORT not just the job of the defense men. The Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey team made that painfully obvious and yet early in their campaign most of the Laff fans on this board criticized players like Crosby for lack of goal production and applauded Kessel (he's on fire) for his individual stats.

Bottom line, team defense wins. Laff fans should look at teams way ahead of the Laffs with a lot less scoring punch but with a total team commitment to defense. Not very exciting hockey but at the NHL level they win a lot of games and they can smother and frustrate opposing 'skill' players.

muddler

We heard you the first time. Could you please tell the leaf fans again how to win? We will relay it to upper management. In the mean time, you should go back to your prominate role with the bruins organization.

Great game tonight eh guys?

Gotta love a good game of hockey :clapping:

I am not sure why you feel like you have the right to take your head out of the sand and ridicule Toronto. I guess you didn't watch the ottawa game on Friday night? Or ottawas entire season for that matter? Yikes.

muddler

well put! Guess they don't teach defensive systems in the NCAA. Time for some playersfrom the Ohl or Whl.

I am not sure why you feel like you have the right to take your head out of the sand and ridicule Toronto. I guess you didn't watch the ottawa game on Friday night? Or ottawas entire season for that matter? Yikes.

I was at that game, and we SUCKED, period! Well, except maybe for the first 5 minutes.

That said, Moronto still sucks, has sucked and will suck.

Every hockey fan in North America has the right to ridicule the laffs, because the laffs deserve it for 48 years of sucking.

:clapping:

We heard you the first time. Could you please tell the leaf fans again how to win? We will relay it to upper management. In the mean time, you should go back to your prominate role with the bruins organization.

Awwwww, we hit a nerve! Sorrrrry!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Edited by muddler

image_zps5aeb3731.png

LLoyd had a better chance at her, then the Leaf's have of making the playoffs...

I was sitting there Saturday night and during the 2nd period, I was thinking to myself...

Well, I hope they don't make it cause I just can't watch this crap play, especially in the playoffs.

I hope Randy doesn't take the hit for this mess. I hope management has the guts to make the changes that need to be made... but who is going to take on the Leaf's dead wood?

Should be an interesting off season, starting on Sunday!

HH

Awwwww, we hit a nerve! Sorrrrry!

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Naw, no nerves and no need to be sorry. It just gets a little tiresome when you make the same point in 3 different posts. Even though I agree with some of your points. (Mainly team defense)

But it is tough to troll a Leafs thread when you are a Leafs fan.