Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

For a over rated player who doesn't put up a point a game? He fits in perfectly.

Vanek is definitely over rated.

I guess you're referring to Subban and Price? The way everyone hates on them in TO its hard to understand how they are considered over rated. Sounds more like a bias opinion of a lengthy rivalry. (Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're God's gift to hockey, but they're not awful by any stretch)

and as my duty to partake in the rivalry, I will post this link as a reminder...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1201/nhl.players.poll.most.overrated/content.1.html

Edited by jbailey

Well I think I will chime in on the Vanek to MTL deal sitting here on my ocean front balcony in Greneda sippin on a ice cold Caribe!!!

Well as Rob so astutely pointed out he is not a point a game player but how many NHL players these days put up a point a game. He is having a decent season considering he has played with two crap teams and he has more points than the magician JVR!!!

Montreal needed a goal scorer and they went out and got one!!!

Gotta go now and grab another Caribe and watch the sunset!!!

Gord signing off from sunny Greneda!!!

I am no mathematician but I would take JVR with his 4.25 mil per year and 52 points over Vanek and his what 7.1 mil per year and 53 points.... Just saying....

However, Vanek isn't a bum. He is a good player, and MTL needs anyone that can score. Even if they have to pay them 3 times what they are worth.

Edited by jedimaster

Even for a UFA its pretty cheap

They traded Moulson and a 1st for Vanek, then turn around and trade Vanek for a 2nd and a prospect...

Garth snow should be fired....

should be but will he??? The isles have the weirdest management I've ever seen in the nhl. If you washed jerseys for the team for 5 years you might move up to management with a $50 million dollar pay increase lol Edited by manitoubass2

I am no mathematician but I would take JVR with his 4.25 mil per year and 52 points over Vanek and his what 7.1 mil per year and 53 points.... Just saying....

However, Vanek isn't a bum. He is a good player, and MTL needs anyone that can score. Even if they have to pay them 3 times what they are worth.

Ya JVR and his 91 career goals....if Vanek was wearing a Leafs jersey now you guys planing would be planning the parade yet AGAIN!!!

You guys made me miss the sunset!!!!

Edited by lookinforwalleye