Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

Oh Gawd no please done let JJ win another one..Seriously I may stop watching Nascar..I have to honest im loosing interest fast..Same crap different week it seems..Nothing would make me happier then to see JJ wreck and take out Kenseth today..Make things interesting..Im a 78 fan seeing him win once in that car before going over to SHR would be Awesome! Go Kurt!

I'd probably think the same if my driver wasn't JJ. I started watching NASCAR in JJ's rookie year and I picked him as my guy since then. Just saying that I'm not a band wagon jumper.I got lucky. And I'm having fun with it.

Broken tibia.

Hope he's back on his game by the spring.

Got tickets for 3 games in Tampa.

yeah you good lip read "its broken". Wish ya luck, same with stamkos. One of the best in the game. Where he hit, and the way he reacted i hope its not a compound fracture. Edited by manitoubass2

I think it broke because of the momentum of his skate being slung forward after he first made contact with his other leg. His right shin hit then the forward motion of his right skate caused the tibia to snap.It was really wierd; how many times guys go into the net and nothing happens.

Those Bruins are a mean team. Not saying there was any intention or dirty play, they just kill teams physically overall.

I think it broke because of the momentum of his skate being slung forward after he first made contact with his other leg. His right shin hit then the forward motion of his right skate caused the tibia to snap.It was really wierd; how many times guys go into the net and nothing happens.

Those Bruins are a mean team. Not saying there was any intention or dirty play, they just kill teams physically overall.

Agreed those Bruins may teter on the slightly dirty side,but what a well rounded team. Being a leafs fan I can't help but to watch the way there team works so well as a team.!We could use at least 4 of there guys IMO,and we would be unbeatable.

My brother broke his leg in a similar fashion about 15 years ago... he was playing defence and fighting another guy to get the puck as it was heading toward the boards. Both guys went down a few feet from the boards. My brother's leg flew out from under him and his foot hit the boards... snap! Tibea (SP) snapped. He went to get up, but his foot just dangled there... that's when he knew he was in trouble. The human leg is designed to carry weight vertically, not designed to handle horizontal stress.

It was pure agony for quite a number of months... it didn't help that he had a newborn at home at the time.

We now call him "frankenlegin" as he has scars up both sides of his leg, where they put steet support rods to hold his leg together.

Yes, he's playing hockey, skiing etc... but it was well into a year before he could get back to work and few more before he played hockey again.

HH