Giesler Beauty

asdve23rveavwa

Awhile back I posted some pics of Juli's dad Craig's final stages of a complete rebuild of Giesler boat. Wish I had some pics of what it looked like when it was first given to him as a gift a few years back. The boat was literally a decrepit hull. After MANY hours, and, much love he finished the project late last year. She finally saw water, again, in the last few months.

The following are just a few shots of this piece of art. I know that Roy, Will and a few others were asking for them. Figured a certain member of our communtiy with the same last name as the boat might be interested too.

gieslerplate.jpg

Giesleratlpb.jpg

gieslerdrinkholder.jpg

gieslercraigatthewheel.jpg

gieslercraigjanetscott.jpg

gieslerjuliandcraig.jpg

I finally fished out of it this past Sunday...needless to say, I'm in love!!!

gieslerfishing.jpg

She's a beauty for sure Frank. Tell Craig hello and congrats from me :)

She sure is Simon. I'll be sure to pass on the hello, bud.

WOW! Craig, you are a gifted artisan sir! What a beautiful boat. Forget boat rash on the rods...I'd be worried about rod rash on the boat. Thank you so much for posting this, Frankie.

You are welcome, Roy. I'll be sure to pass on your words of praise. He really is an artisan, and, the boat looks even better in person.

Nice boat, but where you gonna put the troling motor? Needs to be wired for downscan imaging and a power pole needs to go in stat!

LOL, this is "old school" no electronics necessary.

Such beautiful wood... thanks for posting the pics!

As much as today's boats have their advantages, the look of all that wood and the craftmanship required to build it and restore it are something I can only admire.

Bernie posted a "mod" for those boats that includes a steam engine to drive it... was very cool as well!

HH

awesome rebuild. I've done some woodworking in my time, but could never aspire to that. I sure can appreciate the time and effort that went into making that what it is- a true work of art. Good to see it get some water time. But heh, gotta ask - did it get slimed too???

Nice restore job, looks real close to a new one :)
Labor of love.

Spent many hours on the water in these boats. Still have one that was built in 1949.
Been thinking of getting a new one and installing a pair of restored 1958 18HP.