Snotrocket Festival at the Berg

jediangler

My brother Joonmoon and I hooked up with the Shipper and his brother the Dalai Lama, for pike season opener at Mountsberg.

http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/

124716.jpg

This is my 14th year fishing out of my trusty 14' Sportspal. It has never been dumped and although it is scratched and dented never been punctured and doesn't leak.

124718.jpg

My first pike of the year is hooked within minutes on a Matzuo crankbait while waiting for the Shipper to get his 3yr old 12' Sportspal into the water.

124729.jpg

I get 3 more pike while crossing the entire lake to get some protection from the 25km/h winds. Once we settle into a quiet spot, Joonmoon gets one on his home tied Blue Fox #4 spinner. I happen to have the one he gave me for my birthday last October with me, so I tie it on.

124720.jpg

Joonmoon gets 8 pike on his magical Blue Fox spinners, the biggest being this 26"er.

124717.jpg

The other brothers finally make it across to join us and are photographed by Joonmoon.

124719.jpg

The Shipper manages to catch 5 pike on a T1 spinnerbait in red chrome including this 24"er. His Holiness got 1 pike on a rapala perch but refused to unhook it for religious reasons. His brother finally agreed to do it for him. They left after 3hrs because the Shipper was picking up his new motorcycle that afternoon. Joonmoon and I stayed another 3 hrs and the snotrockets kept a coming.

124728.jpg

This was the biggest of the day at 31" and put up a great battle on my light rod. I ended the day with 22 pike and lost 4 more at the boat. Although we didn't have any double headers like grilw and Johnny Bass, three times I caught pike on back to back casts. Most of these fish were between 18" and 22" with a couple of 24 to 26"ers. After catching 18 of them on the Blue Fox my brother gave me for my birthday, I'll need to have it re-tied with new purple bucktail since not much remains. All the fish we caught were released, but there is a 2 fish limit and the C.O's are right on site. If you try to dodge the $10 fee, they'll slap a $58 fine on you.

Great first day out with the Sportspal this year, and with my bro and some buds, and the pike doing their part, it doesn't get any better. Thanks again Joonmoon for my most productive birthday present ever.

Edited by jediangler

Had a blast Bro, when we going again??? I'll have to squeeze in some time to re-tie our spinners since mine is bare now too. Had the weather been better we may have run out of bucktail, hackle and feathers alot sooner. It's always a good time to get out with the Shipper and Dalai Lama for the opener. The Cherryhill gang lives on. Fish til we drop and do it some more. B)

Thanks all.

Hey silveradosheriff, I had forgotten that you witnessed the syncronized swimming that the Shipper and His Holiness did a couple of years ago.

I still always get the camera ready whenever the two of them launch the boat. The Shipper and his Dad have gotten wet launching at Shade's Mill too. It just runs in the family I guess.