Simcoe Gives up A Deep Water Surprise

Freshtrax

Found a bit of time to give lakers a go on simcoe this afternoon. we launced out of oro around 3 and shot across to the south shore of Kempenfelt. We setup pulling big spoons on 2 oz three way rigs in 100fow with 250 ft of line out. not ten min. in a rod goes off. I thought i was going to land my first softwater laker on simcoe.... thing was it wasen't fighing like a laker......halfway to the boat the fish got mixed up in the other line had to sort it out still had the fish on somehow.....get the fish near the boat and realize we dont have the net. great.... Angela reaches over to grab the fish and all i hear is "HE HAS TEEEEETTTHHH" I give her the rod and grab the fish and the hook pops right out. I have no clue how we managed to get it in the boat......enough with the suspence here it is......weird i know.....

IMG_00000155_zps8d0cd030.jpg

it was a long fight with all the crazyness i wanted to get it back in the water asap so there pretty crummy pics but my biggest pickereleye to date...no tape measure no team sign :(

had a blast out there today no lakers but this one fish made it all worth it.

she went back to swim another day

IMG_00000158_zps1dc7702c.jpg

IMG_00000165_zpsd005f187.jpgIMG_00000169_zpsecb5a7fc.jpg

i know the pattern for these guys in the fall but this about blew my mind.

Nice walleye!

Back 15-20 yrs. ago they were easy targets around Beaverton through ice until they closed season early.

My PB of 16 lbs. came from there.Saw 20 lbers come from there and swore must be world record swimming in Simcoe.

hey if we had been on the french or in the kawarthas i would have had no problem with a fish fry......i just diddnt have the heart. just curious for the serious walleye fishermen out there im pretty shure she was every bit of 28- 30 inches ( i am 6'4") what would a fish like that weigh? my bighest was 26 inches and weighed 7 pounds.

hey if we had been on the french or in the kawarthas i would have had no problem with a fish fry......i just diddnt have the heart. just curious for the serious walleye fishermen out there im pretty shure she was every bit of 28- 30 inches ( i am 6'4") what would a fish like that weigh? my bighest was 26 inches and weighed 7 pounds. ( was caught in september)

hey if we had been on the french or in the kawarthas i would have had no problem with a fish fry......i just diddnt have the heart. just curious for the serious walleye fishermen out there im pretty shure she was every bit of 28- 30 inches ( i am 6'4") what would a fish like that weigh? my bighest was 26 inches and weighed 7 pounds.

Simcoe walleyes are FOOTBALL walleyes. My guess is 8 lbs or a little more.