Took a guided fly fishing trip with wilson's fly-fishing in Fergus

tree4

This is my first post so hello all :) For my friends birthday I got us a guided trip on the grand with Wilson's . Neither of us have any fly fishing experience except maybe the ability to cast. From the first phone call I made to their shop these folks were friendly professional and very helpful. Met a great guide named John Hoffman at the store in Fergus and off we went. They set us up with all the gear we needed. Had a great day learned all kinds of great things with the help.and patience of John. Ended up catching 10 between us but we probobly lost another 20 browntrout not paying enough enough attention to what the guide was trying to tell us. All in all an excellent day well worth the cost. Couldn't have asked for a better guide. A good start to what i hope will be a lifetime of fly fishing. Take care everyone Trevor

I'm generally the first one to jump on post I believe are spamming commercial services.

I did not see this here.

Just a post commenting on good services rendered. These are as equally informative as those who post bad experiences.

One thing most spammers have in common is repeated posts and continually posting links to the business. Not done here.

Nothing like a certain charter operator & fishing store owner who appears on numerous forums promoting his services. Usually on a weekend in hopes of getting a few days before the mods catch up on it.

tree4 I enjoyed your post.

Great to hear, I had a similar experience a few years ago when I was learning to fly fish and it was excellent. Since going out with Larry from troutfitters I have gone back with my brother inlaw so he could also take up the sport.

A good guide is well worth the money, glad to hear you got the itch.