Theft...pure and simple! NF

limeyangler

Oh ya, along with artificially controlled low interest rates, mortages, etc. You keep those rates low and suck people into buying more what they can afford. One of these days when the hatchet drops you'll find yourself sitting on the sidewwalk in your underwear, scratching whatever itches and say, what the......just happened. Every time I hear, "sell me your gold and I give you cash". People haven't suffered enough yet, it's when you get hungry, then you get evil.

Oh ya, along with artificially controlled low interest rates, mortages, etc. You keep those rates low and suck people into buying more what they can afford. One of these days when the hatchet drops you'll find yourself sitting on the sidewwalk in your underwear, scratching whatever itches and say, what the......just happened. Every time I hear, "sell me your gold and I give you cash". People haven't suffered enough yet, it's when you get hungry, then you get evil.

I can pay in lead but no one is buying

I believe with the fall of saddam all governments are now under control of the Rothchilds.

Ahem........

You mean Libya, North Korea, Venezuala, and Syria...... Oh no wait scratch Libya and you might as well scratch Syria too. Funny how things work.

Edit: How could I forget Iran.....

Edited by 12footspringbok

I believe with the fall of saddam all governments are now under control of the world bank. They are the criminals, and source of all problems (well them and religion), make no mistake.

and, don't forget overpopulation...

To some extent this isn't a bad idea. I mean how much of our ecomomic aid, our tax dollars, are leaving our country to help others? Maybe they should enforce these sanctions to a reasonable level in many countries? Just my 2 cents - I am no economist or political expert by any means...

The ultra rich who gave up their thrones long ago have been taking what they believe is rightfully theirs and will not stop until they have put us back in our place. I have thought it for years but never imagined I might live to see it come to fruition. The economic implosion will eventually hit our shores. Stay tuned.

Boys and girls, a wise man once said, take care of yourselves and your families and don't worry about what you can't control.

Cyprus like the rest of Europe, overindulged in the post dot-bomb boom. They have to pay the price. 1/3 of the accounts involved belong to Russians who use Cyprus as a money laundering place like the Caymans are used in North America. Besides, everyone will get the equivalent amount in shares. If the banks do well, everyone will end up profiting. Its their mess, let them deal with it.

Boys and girls, a wise man once said, take care of yourselves and your families and don't worry about what you can't control.

Cyprus like the rest of Europe, overindulged in the post dot-bomb boom. They have to pay the price. 1/3 of the accounts involved belong to Russians who use Cyprus as a money laundering place like the Caymans are used in North America. Besides, everyone will get the equivalent amount in shares. If the banks do well, everyone will end up profiting. Its their mess, let them deal with it.

But who is "they"?

I personally know people who live in Cyprus. They did not overindulge....they work hard and pay their way. The Cypriots are a resilient bunch who have had their fair share of hardship....holy @#@# they were at war in 1974!

"they" are having to 'pay' because the banks are gonna go bust...the banks are gonna go bust because they were overexposed to Greek debt....how the hell is that the fault of the average JOE!

Come on BBR, we live in a nanny state! No scratch that we live in a nanny country, no scratch that, we live on a nanny continent... no no, we live on a nanny planet! Yah, that's it!

Limeyangler... there are no average Joe's... we're all above average!

HH

I personally know people who live in Cyprus. They did not overindulge....they work hard and pay their way. The Cypriots are a resilient bunch who have had their fair share of hardship....holy @#@# they were at war in 1974!

At war in 1974?

Well yes but that was just an escalation of an ongoing conflict.

UN peacekeepers have been in Cyprus since Mar 1964 and are still there.

For many years (1964 thru 1993) Canada supplied a battalion sized contingent of peacekeepers. We still have a few peacekeepers there (staff officers at the HQ).

Over 25,000 Canadian soldiers have served in Cyprus. I served on the 52nd rotation Sep 89 to Mar 90.

BTW: Cyprus voted to not accept the conditions offered. Back to the drawing board.