Planning any fishing trips this year?

kenzy31

With the dogs I currently have it's harder to find someone to come stay for a few days, but I am hoping to make it to Lakair for a few days in June again with my best friend and her two boys, should also be able to make another day on sturgeon lake, and hopefully a day or two on my days off with Beans...also hope to go for some Crappie...haven't done that in a few years....

Maureen

I'm in the process of planning our first outpost trip in September to celebrate my Dad's 50th birthday. We'll be staying with 7 Lakes Wilderness Camps on Marshall Lake which is just north of Nakina, ON. We'll be there from August 31 to September 7, targeting walleye and big pike. The lake also holds a healthy population of whitefish and perch, so we hope to have some whities to bring home for the smoker! With 7 Lakes Outfitters having the only camp on the lake, we're excited to enjoy the seclusion of the north and the fantastic fishing it has to offer.

Does anybody else have trips they're planning for this year?

Where are you going and what will you be targeting?

Do you have any tips or tactics for "newbies to the far north?"

Let's hear you plans!!

Cheers, and stay safe this next week

Jesse

I'll be at Marshall June 8-15. PM me afterwards and I'll fill you in.

Between Magnetawan and Nagonosh. Leaving from Wahwashkesh just off of HWY 520.

I have never been but I showed it to my brother inlaw and my father inlaw and they wanted to give it a try. My father inlaw has never been on an over night canoe trip, we figured at 55 its about time he give it a try. I think he will love it, before he had kids he did some solo Hike's in Alaska that sound amazing and is competent canoer who is still using the same canoe he built when we was teenager.

I was there about 7-8 yrs ago. PM me if you need info.

Between Magnetawan and Nagonosh. Leaving from Wahwashkesh just off of HWY 520.

I have never been but I showed it to my brother inlaw and my father inlaw and they wanted to give it a try. My father inlaw has never been on an over night canoe trip, we figured at 55 its about time he give it a try. I think he will love it, before he had kids he did some solo Hike's in Alaska that sound amazing and is competent canoer who is still using the same canoe he built when we was teenager.

A couple times I've launched on Wawashkesh and tripped down the Magnetewan. Even if you do just that and take out on hwy 69 or Harris lake it's a fantastic trip, especially in the upper half.

We portaged north of the Mag not to island lake, but to some really phenominal smaller back lakes where we've camped and fished. All those little pothole lakes north of the Mag are teeming with big bass. It's just an awesome area.

Can't help you with Island lake info, but can steer you to some other spots if you're interested.

Cheers

My luck ran out with the need to install a new roof at a cost of 4600 bucks. I had them black top the entire roof as extra protection. Installing GAF shingles with a 50 yr warranty and transferable to the next two homeowners is huge plus. I no longer have to worry about a roof that leaks. I do plan on going up to Montreal/Cornwall this summer to stay with family and fish St'Louis again, St.Francis and Lake of Two Mountains for Muksies. All areas hold big fish. Beyond that probably a couple of weekend trips supporting the MCI outings. I think that I will concentrate all my fishing this summer to LSC firstly and I am going to hit Georgian bay too a few times this summer. The K's are nice but it is a real pain fighting the TO traffic at the end of the day. No so much when you are coming back from a successful day on LSC.

A couple times I've launched on Wawashkesh and tripped down the Magnetewan. Even if you do just that and take out on hwy 69 or Harris lake it's a fantastic trip, especially in the upper half.

We portaged north of the Mag not to island lake, but to some really phenominal smaller back lakes where we've camped and fished. All those little pothole lakes north of the Mag are teeming with big bass. It's just an awesome area.

Can't help you with Island lake info, but can steer you to some other spots if you're interested.

Cheers

Thanks Mike, A couple years ago I did Harris Lake around to Naiscoot and finished by the highway it was good but I felt like I only touched the tip of the iceberg in that area. Will defintely shoot you a pm, your advice and knowledge is always greatly appreciated.

New boat= fishing every chance I get.

For sure trip to kapuskasing area, algonquin park canoe trip, french river and lake charlevoix in northern michigan. Can't wait for spring digi46343551_l.jpg

Nice Boat Bud, You WILL have fun with that BEAUTY!!

Just finished pinning down my 2013 trip schedule.

May 11 I fly into Eddie's camp on the Attawapiskat river for big pike.

June 18 I fly into the Chapleau Game Preserve to fish Little Missinaibi lake.

August 18 I fly into Obakamiga lake west of Hornepayne with the whole family to Buck & Bingwood camp.

Sept is the "big" one. I fly into Cree lake in northern Saskatchewan for giant lakers and pike.

July is the only wildcard still. I'm either taking the family to Quetico park for a canoe trip or doing another fly in out of Nakina. Depends on what my assignment is with the magazine.

Should be a fun year.

Just finished pinning down my 2013 trip schedule.

May 11 I fly into Eddie's camp on the Attawapiskat river for big pike.

June 18 I fly into the Chapleau Game Preserve to fish Little Missinaibi lake.

August 18 I fly into Obakamiga lake west of Hornepayne with the whole family to Buck & Bingwood camp.

Sept is the "big" one. I fly into Cree lake in northern Saskatchewan for giant lakers and pike.

July is the only wildcard still. I'm either taking the family to Quetico park for a canoe trip or doing another fly in out of Nakina. Depends on what my assignment is with the magazine.

Should be a fun year.

You are too modest, sounds pretty damn incredible. Look forward to reading the reports.

I've obviously missed something Mike, are you now having your fishing tales printed in a magazine ??

Was published in the Jan/Feb issue of OOD Lew, and more on tap for this year.

Mike, July..... wildcard.... I'll pack the wagon :)

Still may have an opening for the June trip too, I'll let you know soon.