ultra quiet generators....lookin for

bow slayer

trying to hunt down a used ultra quiet yamaha or honda generator in the 1000-2000 W size. I want it for camping to run a few lights and small appliances and charge batteries. I will even consider a new one if someone knows of a sale on one,any leads will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by bowslayer

KING or Rodac are the way to go if you don't want to hear anything else but the droning of a cheap Genny , I have a Rodac that I run on a 100' cord behind a sheet of plywood to shut it up .

My Honeywell on the other hand is about as quiet as my buddy's Honda and as efficient , but .. is it long lasting as a Honda , only time will tell , but I doubt it.

The bitter taste of a piece of crap lingers much longer than the sweetness of a sugar cube .

Randy

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

trying to hunt down a used ultra quiet yamaha or honda generator in the 1000-2000 W size. I want it for camping to run a few lights and small appliances and charge batteries. I will even consider a new one if someone knows of a sale on one,any leads will be greatly appreciated.

If you know anyone that border shops, have them pick one up for 1/2 price, my Honda 2000 was $845 in Detroit, $1799 here.

If you know anyone that border shops, have them pick one up for 1/2 price, my Honda 2000 was $845 in Detroit, $1799 here.

Yep way cheaper in the US.

I'm going to pick up a 2000 inverter this fall.

Im tired of my cheap 140 decibel one. :D

Even in Alaska the Honda's and Yamaha's are only $1000 for a 2000 watt model.

A 1000 watt model in Yellowknife is $1,250. :(

I think it would be fairly easy to build a small 'box' (maybe with no back, for venting) with plywood and fiberglass/rockwool insul. .

You can build Fort Knox around it, put a muffler from a Terex Titan on it..no difference, it's in the design of the motor etc that makes the difference. Many have tried, you can read it on the RV forums, everything from sound proofing material, offset venting with fans to prevent overheating, etc. You either buy a Honda or Yamaha.

Honda 1000... buy it once and youll use it for a very long time. I tell my wife.. The Honda Gennys and the Husq. chain saw are the best investments i ever made!

is about as quiet as my buddy's Honda

LOL.. my wife is not an investment! Shame on YOU! She is a wonderful woman who loves and supports me, whom I could never buy..... shes actually a long term lease.... BAZINGA!!!