Weekend at Pickeral Park

Jen

Friday morning departure time was to be 10:00am, however Sonny and I ran out of patience and headed out before Easton, his dad Ike and friend Jerry.

First Stop

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-2.jpg

Finally we are getting close,

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-6.jpg

One more quick stop at Carrara's

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-8.jpg

Had the pleasure of meeting Sam,

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-9.jpg

And finally, Pickeral Park...

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-12.jpg

Quick stop at the store to pick up our tickets and free hats and off we go to get Eastons family set up for the season.

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-14.jpg

Unpacked, opened two trailers, ate and then a walk down to the docks to enjoy the evening sunset

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-18.jpg

Just as we were settling in for a long wait till midnight, Mike the Pike and Percher (Dan) showed up

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-19.jpg

Percher, Mike the Pike, Jen, Easton and Sonny. It was an awesome evening of never ending stories. Great meetin you Mike and Dan.

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-22.jpg

First fish of the day , although I have to admit to being on the dock right after midnight with Easton for hours with not a bite between us, while Sonny and Jerry headed out on the water in the boat.

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-23.jpg

Sonny and Jerry, frozen and tired coming in to weigh in their fish. Bright and early Saturday morning

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-25.jpg

Quick picture of their fish in the live well and then off to the weigh stations

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-26.jpg

Easton helps out

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-27.jpg

Sonny and his catch (someone else is going to have to post sizes lengths and weights as at the moment I can not recall)

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-28.jpg

My very first Walleye ever...

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-32.jpg

Now exhaustion has set in after getting up at 5:00am to hit the water, fishing till well into the afternoon, even though there were 3 - 4 foot waves at times, we decide to call it a day

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-34.jpg

Early Sunday morning first catch of the day

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-36.jpg

Then Sonny caught this, amazing fight but not the winning Walleye

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-37.jpg

And then this 32" pike hit Sonny's line, although this is the only picture we have. It was handed over at the weigh scales and for some reason :) no more pictures were taken.

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-38.jpg

Easton was out with his father and Jerry and managed to bring in this 35" pike.

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-39.jpg

Then it is time to pack up and head home. Last we heard the leading fish in the Walleye category was 13.5 (est) lbs caught by someone at Pickeral Park but weighed in at another station

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-40.jpg

All and all the weekend was filled with many memorable fishing moments, from candles for ambiance in the boat to good people getting together for a lot of laughs.

It was great to meet our fellow members from the board Sam, Dan and Mike!

I will say thanks to Easton and his family for inviting us, as well as putting up with all the antics and bad jokes and thanks to my Brother for putting up with my constant ramblings...both in person and over the marine radio.

Last but not least a beautiful moment! If you look close you can see it.

FishingOpeningWeekend050507Picke-41.jpg

Cheers,

Jen

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report! We thought about hitting Quinte for the opener but went to Georgian bay. It was really windy up north.Can only imagine the size of the waves near adolphosun with the north wind.....

And congrats on your first Pickeral and a beauty to boot!!

GREAT stuff Jen and looked like a very successful weekend......but why are you holding Perchers beer? :P

Ah the beer... I must have been cleaning up around the camp fire when they all decided to take a picture!! :)

Thanks Jen, it's good to finally have reports coming in from the big water. Seems like the fish are active and lots of bigguns being caught and it looks like it could be the start of another awesome year for Quinte.

Congrats on your 1st ever pickeral, er, walleye, and it's a beaut to start off with too, guess you'll be framing that picture ?? :thumbsup_anim:

Lotsa changes have taken place at Pickeral Park since we used to camp there waaaaaaaaay back in the day, infact we used to think the place was crowded if there were 3 other tents :lol:

Maybe see you guys in 2 weeks ??

What an amazing weekend!

Do not remember the last time I had such a great time on and off the water! I met my goal of getting Jen her first walleye. We fished a lot of water. With the waves we tried several spots until we hit the right area. Small troubles with the boat threatened the weekend BUT we overcame the trouble and carried on. (check valve in gas can could not get prime I guess it is sticking).

Cool weather, lots of wind.

There were not quantities of fish but the ones caught sure were quality....

Thanks to My Dad, Jerry, Sonny and Jen for sharing it with me.

Also thanks to Mike the Pike and Percher for visiting.

Easton.