Ice Fishing Jig Setup - Question for the experts!

TJQ

OK.. so I've been spending a bunch of time putting stuff together for my new store launch (sometimes in the next couple of weeks) I'm concentrating on ice fishing stuff to start, so here is my question...

Where would you put the treble hook.. with the eyes up or down??? LOL

IMG_0952.JPG

Eye's up, or you won't even catch a cold.

The only reason we are used to smaller hooks is because they are cheaper so the lure company saves money... Oh? Er, um, I guess that's you, Go ahead and make them smaller then.

Seriously though, the eyes matter more to the fisherman. Either way about half the people will tell you: "You put the eyes on the wrong end". You best line is to say: "No, the hook was put on the wrong end."

The only reason we are used to smaller hooks is because they are cheaper so the lure company saves money... Oh? Er, um, I guess that's you, Go ahead and make them smaller then.

Seriously though, the eyes matter more to the fisherman. Either way about half the people will tell you: "You put the eyes on the wrong end". You best line is to say: "No, the hook was put on the wrong end."

ah as always words of wisdom... ... thanks .. now I gotta buy a bunch of tad small er trebles..

What happens if the fish is coming from the other direction... :dunno:

Do you really think it matters? How many times have you read here and everywhere else, " I always buy such and such lures, they're a little pricey at $21.95 + tax and I always swap out the 3 trebles on all my new baits because I prefer brand X hooks in a different size." It doesn't matter. Everyone has their own 'secret" recipe for lure modifications. IMHO

When I minnow fish most fish seem to hit the tail of the minnow tho... Not head first... Then turn the bait before swallowing it... So me personally... I like eyes up because thats what experience has shown me... When fish are biting like crazy it probably doesn't matter...

Nice jigs by the way....