Its back!!! - nf

jedimaster

Its too bad but it looks as thou the Sens wont make it..Id love to play them 1st round.. Oh well the Habs will have to do i guess... :jerry:  The sideways toilet seats ha ha ha

Go Leafs Go!

Its been so long I don't think it even sunk in that the Leafs are going to be in the playoffs.

Ya everyone at work was saying that today too.. I also noticed every Leafer I know at work had a little extra spring their steps today too!

Sens dows 2-0 after 2....I really do enjoy that... :clapping::clapping: :clapping: If the Sens loose and Jets win that puts them within 1 point of getting in with 3 games left.. I personally would rather the Jets sneak in over the Sens, if I had to choose..

Edited by tb4me

Lol funny stuff guys..Awesome Jets with 1 point of Ottawa and Washington and the Rangers..Now if I had to choose id like the sens in it over the caps or Rangers..That Ovechkin bugs me..Go Leafs Go!

Edited by tb4me

hate to be a killjoy but Ottawa has 10 Stanley cup championships to their credit. Admittedly the last one was in 1927...

Actually, I dont think they have any since the NHL formed..But I could be wrong

hate to be a killjoy but Ottawa has 10 Stanley cup championships to their credit. Admittedly the last one was in 1927...

Well noone counts the defunct teams... Like the harpoons, millionaires, maroons etc....The original Senators were disbanded shortly after realizing that noone watched there games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Stanley_Cup_champions#Stanley_Cup_Finals_era_.28Since_1915.29

Ttechnically people only really start counting once there was the forming of the Original 6 in 1942. The reason being some of the teams that played for the Stanley cup wern't even in the NHL, they were in the PWHCL or some such thing.

Edited by jedimaster

Wiki is not very reliable as a source. In fact any shmuck can write for them with little verification and a lot of innacuracy.

History of Lord Stanley's cup has its beginnings generally accepted as around 1892, and the cup's history is not the NHL's history. The first 9 Stanleys were won by Montreal teams. You can be certain that Toronto counts the wins made by the Blueshirts and Arenas in their totals as well.

These titles are attributed to the Ottawa Senators- 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906, 1909, 1911, 1920, 1921.1923, 1927

Also interesting is that Kenora once won a Stanley Cup, as did Victoria and Seattle.