Its back!!! - nf

jedimaster

Big game tonight. Leafs and senioritas... since we are at the midway point in the season what teams currently not in the playoff picture who do you think will challenge to move up? The last place team in the east is only 5 points out. And the caps have been improving on the horrible start. 7-3 in there last 10. All the other are wavering at 500 and don't look to be challenging or improving. As for the teams dropping the sens are starting to fall back to earth with all the injuries, if I was to have to pick a team to drop and a team to rise it would be sens and devils falling and caps and philli rising. If tampa gets a goalie who knows they have a potent offense.

Edited by jedimaster

And I still have no idea how the Habs are holding on to 1st.

Same here... although I expect that when the playoffs start, we'll see the smallish Habs turtleing under the pressure/physicalness (are any of those words!!!???) of the playoffs.

To some degree, I think that the ref's will play a huge part in how this year's playoffs unfold. Call everything or let them play... for the Hab's sake, they better call everything or the Habs are going to get beat up... not that there's anything wrong with that!

HH

And I still have no idea how the Habs are holding on to 1st.

Boston has 3 games in hand and, the way theyve been playing this year, are the team to beat in the East IMO. Mtl wont hold on to first for too much longer. Kindof surprised at how Philly is sputtering and have a feeling that the Isles are going to sneak in. Leafs take it tonight.

Well the bruins could be said to have had a much easier schedule this year so far.... they have a busy month comming up so we will see how the bruins are with a busy schedule.

Injuries in a short season are tough, thats why I am leaning on the sens starting to crack and the Devils continuing to falter. For sure at least a couple teams that aren't currently in will get in, its like that every year 1-3 teams looking up make a run for it, and with the season so short,a dnso few points in between every game counts big time.

Another one bites the dust... Silly Sens when will they learn...

Gord Miller
@GMillerTSN

Ottawa Senators say that Dave Dziurzynski sustained a concussion in his first period fight with Toronto's Fraser McLaren and won't return.

Another one bites the dust... Silly Sens when will they learn...

Gord Miller‏@GMillerTSN

Ottawa Senators say that Dave Dziurzynski sustained a concussion in his first period fight with Toronto's Fraser McLaren and won't return.

A wee video for your viewing pleasure. :D

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=802&id=214255&lang=en