ice fishing - two lines down

castgame

so here's a question i can't seem to find a definitive answer to in the regs...

i'm taking a buddy ice fishing this weekend on a lake that allows two rods down per (licensed) fisherman. now, he almost never fishes and probably won't make use of a license a second time if he buys one for this year. i've got my license -- so can he fish my second rod? we for sure won't have more than a total of 2 rods down at any given time (i won't be using tip-ups or even taking a third rod)

anybody have a for sure answer to this question?

I dont think any CO would buy that he was just standing there watching you ice fish all day. Lol

Actually I have many times convinced some poor soul (sans Licence) to come spend an hour or two with me in the great outdoors .. and watch me fish ... I would fight that one all the way to the supreme court ... of course I never let em touch my rod :)

888 posts and you've never taken the time to read the basic fishing regs.. :whistling: I'll be sending Brian over to tune you up. :stretcher:

sure. bash me for asking that question and not the OP for his question nor the guy for asking how old do you need to be to need a license. my son has just started fishing with me and likes to eat fish. Figured i'd make conversation on here as the MNR site was down at the time.

Who is this Brian guy and send him on over.

sure. bash me for asking that question and not the OP for his question nor the guy for asking how old do you need to be to need a license. my son has just started fishing with me and likes to eat fish. Figured i'd make conversation on here as the MNR site was down at the time.

You didn't read between the lines did you, I would have figured that out with the smilies alone. Good for your son to eat fish, next is ....liver.. :rofl2:

Edited by Fisherman

Actually I have many times convinced some poor soul (sans Licence) to come spend an hour or two with me in the great outdoors .. and watch me fish ... I would fight that one all the way to the supreme court ... of course I never let em touch my rod :)

Not a charge that is even possible to fight to the Supreme Court.

you mean your a NEWF and don't know B aka MISFISH? LOL, sorry I just had to...

Kids get a SPORT LIC and so do those over 65

Edited by GBW

You didn't read between the lines did you, I would have figured that out with the smilies alone. Good for your son to eat fish, next is ....liver.. :rofl2:

Sorry man. I was on my mobile and didn't see the emotions. No hard feelings. And yes he eats liver too. All my three boys love fish. Youngest 2 years oldest 6. And now to get my 6 month old daughter on the fish soon.

Sorry man. I was on my mobile and didn't see the emotions. No hard feelings. And yes he eats liver too. All my three boys love fish. Youngest 2 years oldest 6. And now to get my 6 month old daughter on the fish soon.

No sweat, but, I thought the girls were supposed to supply the boat and clean da fish... :clapping: Ya never know, she might even beat you at fishing..

I fish, and I still can't believe anyone would do that.