2014 GM pickup

lew

The price tag might be a shot to the solar plexus though. I really wanted a diesel touareg but the price went quickly north of 60k and I couldn't justify that for a second vehicle.

Fuel economy is nothing special on the Taureg TDI. I had one for about a week and pulled my light 1200lb ish rig and I got about 13L/100km on relatively flat terrain. My 96 4Runner gets about the same.

Hey Lew, maybe I'm not remembering right, but I thought you just bought a new F150? Is it not working out for you?

That 2014 looks SLICK.

My brother in law has been a F150 guy his hole life. He's also looking at the new Chevy.

Hey Lew, maybe I'm not remembering right, but I thought you just bought a new F150? Is it not working out for you?

Yup, just bought another new F150 in October and it's an excellent truck and I'm very happy with it.

I just found that link to the 2014 Chevy's and know there's lotsa guys on this board who like them so thought I'd put it up for them.

My BnL buys a new 2500 GM pick-up every 2 years and swears by them.

Hey Lew, nothing against your BnL but if you get a new truck every 2 years.. I'd bet every manufacture would seem good LOL!

It's after 100,000 km where a vehicles reliablity starts to shine or burn hehehe!

I'm starting the shopping process now, and was thinking of a ford as well. I just like the trucks, but I'm not against GM either.

Not pulling anything and set on cruise.. I can come darn close enough to 9.9 without smelling diesel fumes (Sorry Paul.. lol). Penetang to the Ottawa Valley and back 2 weeks ago, 11.6 litres/100km with my '11 F150, with the 5.0 Coyote engine, and that was with all the stops, goes and villages along hwy 12 and 7.

Hey Irishfield,

Ford 5.0 Coyote engine is that a nickname or a model name?

Sorry, I've not paid very close attention to what is out right now as I always had old vehicle, my last truck was a 90' Single Cab 5-speed Chevy with a 350, which

was recently put down. So now I'm looking at a new truck this winter.

RIP Blue beast, I miss you hahaha!

Hoping in a small way that my 99 Silverado gives up. It's not cool to look so uncool driving something that old ya know, but it's about the memories.

Man... first 100,000km on washboard, potholed and ice roads. Stuck in 4WD pretty well all winters long, and at least a few times a year over the decade, jolted to death when strapped tight to a chain car on the Polar Bear Express. Poor truck has thrice been stopped dead when the front end went twice through the ice and once into a culvert, but she drove out in 4WD. Wifey sure beats it too, every winter on the Diamond Mine Road across the skeg to Attawapiskat, 600km's at 80-120km/hr in 4WD... Ughhh... even my rear diff puckers up with the thought! Had to Replace the shocks once, brakes once and a couple ball joints after that rough stretch offroadin'. "Like A Rock"... they sing.

Second 100,000km has been easier just towing my boats, quad and skidoo all over the place. Some city miles too these days, just idling away. Four trips to ThunderBay towing everything and the kitchen sink, more than a dozen runs to Cochrane. Truck won't quit. Nowadays brakes and ball joints aren't a worry though. The kid spraying the undercoat on her this week; after he finished the B-Boy's shiney pimped out RAM remarked, "geez, they sure put alot of metal into these old trucks." He reminded me she's old. Paid it off in 2001 and it's been nickle and diming me now for 12 years. Cost me $640 in minor repairs just this year, pretty well screwing the kid's Christmas and college funds. When will she just turn over and die already?? Babied at only 210,000km really. Not likely very soon.

New one's look great Lew, although all they need for me is the stamina and a comfortable drivers seat. I'm with Rich too, they're boxy again, kinda like the Ford but much sexier. Will call them the new "Fevy" then. :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Lew, nothing against your BnL but if you get a new truck every 2 years.. I'd bet every manufacture would seem good LOL!

Just shows how much he likes GM's Greg, he's always had them and likes to always have new ones.

And Drew, it doesn't sound like that old girl owes you too much.

Edited by lew

Moosebunk, they don't make'm like that anymore. I bet if you beat a new one like that it wouldn't make 100,000 K let alone 200,000+

It was a hard descision to give my old girl, but when a truck dies infront of a wreckers. I do believe it was trying to tell me something HAHA!

I like'm to Lew :) But after driv'n down to Georgia in a F-150 Lariat.. I was sold. Mind you everything is more comfortable to drive long distance than an old worn out pick up bench seat HAHA!

I got to drive a GMC 3500 down south, just out to a field and let me tell you. I"m 6' and felt small it in HAHA! Those things are HUGE!

If that's around 30mpg that's what GM is advertising my truck to get mine has the big 5.3 V8

Thats what i'm getting on my 2010 Sierra ... We have a small car as our runabout, the truck is handy to have for lots of reasons ... the problem is my friends who call me every time they need something big to move or pickup ... :angry:

the problem is my friends who call me every time they need something big to move or pickup ... :angry:

Fella here in town has a bumper sticker on the back of his pickup that says

++++++++++"yes it's my pickup...and no, you can't borrow it"+++++++++

And speaking of GM pickups, my dad bought a new one in 1961 and payed $1800

Now we nearly pay that for tires :lol: :lol:

my z71 seirra with the 4.8 averages between 9-1l/per 100 at 90km/h and 11-12 at 105km/h on steady cruise of course it goes up and down with terrain goes up to 16lt per/100k pulling the ranger steady cruise 90-100km/h of course hit a big hill and it'll spike to 56.

overall last year of 50/50 split hwy and city and pulling boat around it's averaged 15.3l per 100k can't really complain about it, i didn't buy a truck for economy

'01 grand cherokee with 4.7. I see 10-12 on the hwy at a steady 105-110 depending on headwind and season. sounds like anything capable of towing is right around the same range.. 10-13.

was thinking these newer models were considerably better. I guess not.. even if they are 1-2 l/100 better, that's a lot of liters/long return on investment to justify a new car payment.

It's not that I care what mileage my new truck gets !!!! It was about what the makers are saying they get ?? And it seems they are way off but I don't care about my gas mileage cause that's not why I bought a new truck at least I know I can get to rough boat launches and tow my sleds to just about anywhere and can tow several thousand pounds without any problems and drive through deep snow if I wanted gas mileage I would be driving a small car that's not much good for anything other than commuting ....I think the new trucks look awesome and there is some nice changes as well !!!!