Ontario fishing regulation changes

Ron

From what I have read and seen, I understood that lots of bows spawn during the fall. e.g I saw 1 caught a few days ago that was totally bloated and looked ready to spawn.

I'm sure there are a few fall spawners, but most of them are hold over fish that spawn in the spring time.

You really can fish Steelhead any time of the year as long as you don't kill them either from mishandling them or killing them for roe or a questionable feed. Unfortunately both the spoonpullers and the floaters all have rationalizations that allow their view to bang around in their essentially empty heads. Bottom line if you are killing these rare animals for bait, food or ignorant handling you are the problem.

I think its a big misconception that the paying clients really WANT to take the fish home and that they would not get their money's worth otherwise. Its old school thinking, look around the world , doesn;t look like out west is having any decline in customers because there are special limits in place.

There are rainbows that spawn in the fall but very little , usually its a hatchery fish.

Joseph

You really can fish Steelhead any time of the year as long as you don't kill them either from mishandling them or killing them for roe or a questionable feed. Unfortunately both the spoonpullers and the floaters all have rationalizations that allow their view to bang around in their essentially empty heads. Bottom line if you are killing these rare animals for bait, food or ignorant handling you are the problem.

Rare invasive species! REALLY!

It's put and take as you well know. Guess what, I kept two of your rare fish this year after dragging spoons for a day. Both were under 16 inches and according to my wife, they tasted dandy! (So far, she doesn't have any poisoning as a result)

I think I'll change up my fishing plans for 2013 and hit my Wii game, so as to not hurt any fish!

Someone pass the tofu... I've got a cedar plank just itching for the BBQ.

HH

Rare? Seriously?

Rare seriously. The abundance of steelhead, IN ONTARIO WATERS especially our rivers, is relatively rare. On the US side, not so much. Yet their regulations are tighter. Go figure. The adult fish are unhealthy to eat on both sides of the border and yet heroes bring them home to feed their uninformed families including children and women of child bearing age. Brilliant move fellows why not chase down that contaminated fish with a smoke, a stiff drink and a line of blow. You've got to die of something might as well be tainted mushy Lake O fish.

Rare seriously. The abundance of steelhead, IN ONTARIO WATERS especially our rivers, is relatively rare. On the US side, not so much. Yet their regulations are tighter. Go figure. The adult fish are unhealthy to eat on both sides of the border and yet heroes bring them home to feed their uninformed families including children and women of child bearing age. Brilliant move fellows why not chase down that contaminated fish with a smoke, a stiff drink and a line of blow. You've got to die of something might as well be tainted mushy Lake O fish.

Surprised you aren't a Spoonpuller... you sure do seem to enjoy trolling!

HH

HomerSimpsonFacepalm.jpg