Beach it or dock it?

If you owned a 17 foot Lund Pro-V and the cottage you go to for several weeks out of the year didn't have a dock what would you do...moor the boat or nose it in on the gradual sloped sandy beach?

I used to moor my little 14footer but am now a little more concerned now that I have a larger boat and a few more $$ invested!

Thanks once again!!

With that much money invested in a boat, I'd consider the following;

-build a dock!

-rig up a "temporary dock" that can be moved

Not so concerned about the sandy beach, but what will happen if you do pull it up on the beach and a few boats go by and their wake fills up the back of your boat... not that I know anything about that!

HH

there is an anchor system that lets you pull the boat to shore to get on or off then it springs back out away from shore..but I can't remember the name of it

I am sure someone will know what I am talking about

I have an anchor buddy and it works really well. I also use it when the current on a river is swift but not to deep to get it to hold anchor while fishing. The bungy effect keeps the anchor from losing it hold due to wakes and stray currents.

Art

I've had an Anchor Buddy for 3 years now and swear buy it. I just toss it out and it holds even in sand because the bungie cord takes up all of the shock. I tie up the boat with the bow out and tie the stern to shore. Then when I want to get the boat, I just pull in the line from shore and the anchor line goes tight.

I once anchored the boat in 3 feet of water on Lake Huron in 3 foot waves and the boat did not move at all!

Andy from Muskie Striker has a few left for sale I believe. If not, you can get them from Boater's World through their website.

Edited by Cast-Away