Any auto techs on board?

lookinforwalleye

I did my explorer not too long ago. Good ceramic pads from rockauto and regular discs from autopartsway (one of those online sites..) costed me under 350. Did the work myself at my friends oil shop in under an hour.

Edited by danbob

I am pretty sure I need a brake job on my 08 Liberty and it`s been a while since I actually paid for a brake job, just wondering how much I might be looking at $$$ wise, rotors and pads all around!

Thanks

I'm sure you already thought about this, but what about giving a few local places a call and give them the general info and ask for a quote?

It would be useful, in addition to the responses you'll get here!

Do you need rotors? If your pads are worn out then just replace them - any half decent local mechanic should be able to tell you what needs doing. If you do need rotors, don't go for bargain basement ones as you'll be buying another set again soon (voice of experience :))

Price depends on the parts you use but $400 DIY and $600 done by an independent mechanic with non OE parts is probably a reasonable ballpark figure.

Just for the record i spent a few years in Torornto in the Speedy shop at Jane and Wilson , then became the manager in the down town store in Thunder Bay for Midus with three brake mechanics working for me . For over fourty years now i have been turning wrenchs , not for a living any more today but still for my self and freinds and any one who needs a hand with some thing when i have the time . If buddy here on OFC wants to pm me he knows how to hit the keys .........smile.gif

did you not get the recall on yours .... we did about a month ago , ours is an 06 ................

Got a recall on my 06, some rear end suspension component was prone to rust and failure. Same time one of the back windows wanted to fall, they did both free :clapping: as the window thing was a well known issue with them.