What you need to catch..

Rich

You might want to ask Joey and Juli about that!!! Think they have the "fishing disease" as much as any of us guys!!

Agreed. We can even stretch that out to "Joey, Juli and Jen." :) So, all you single guys out there....do you see a pattern here? :)

Not sure what's funny about the post? I'd love to know though..

How you've exagerated peoples good advise to look ridiculous...

Then said all you need is a a hook... Weight... And worm to catch fish... Then admitted to having 2 rooms in your home FULL if fishing gear... So your spewing advise you don't believe or your an "easily pursuaded" consumer....

And how some are using one specific scenario to back this minimalist idea across the whole spectrum of fishing...

That's what I think is funny....

Ill put my money on my box full of tackle over your worm and hook any day....

If all your trying to say is if someone has no gear.... No experience whatsoever.... And very limited funds for gear.... That they can get a cheep combo a hook and a worm and catch SOME fish.... I agree....

But if your saying a hook and worm can keep up to a variety of tackle in a variety of situations.... I disagree.... Strongly....

Then said all you need is a a hook... Weight... And worm to catch fish... Then admitted to having 2 rooms in your home FULL if fishing gear... So your spewing advise you don't believe or your an "easily pursuaded" consumer....

And how some are using one specific scenario to back this minimalist idea across the whole spectrum of fishing...

If all your trying to say is if someone has no gear.... No experience whatsoever.... And very limited funds for gear.... That they can get a cheep combo a hook and a worm and catch SOME fish.... I agree....

But if your saying a hook and worm can keep up to a variety of tackle in a variety of situations.... I disagree.... Strongly....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP was written very light-heartedly, with no antagonism whatsoever.

If that wasn't self-evident from the very beginning, it sure became so when the poster admitted to owning a lot of pricey gear.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP was written very light-heartedly, with no antagonism whatsoever.

If that wasn't self-evident from the very beginning, it sure became so when the poster admitted to owning a lot of pricey gear.

I said this thread was funny... That's a simple little comment...

Then

rich asked why I thought this thread was funny....

So I let him know....

And I made it clear how I interpreted this thread and how I felt if I was wrong or right with my interpretation....

Just my opinions here....

My bad. Your ridiculous overreaction and hate on rich is hilarious.

Well I have to agree here I fish on the low end of the price spectrum I have quite a bit but dont spend alot. reels i spend a bit of money on as far as rods go i like the dime a dozen I do catch alot of fish and big fish I dont care about catching 99% of the time i just like getting out unless its a grudge match or im meat hunting. You dont need fancy gear to fish my opinion its a big load.

Barbie rods rock

Peter

I'm sure you won't be losing any sleep over it, Rich. Don't worry about it, most of us know exactly what you were talking about in the original post. Just keep enjoying your fishing as you seem to always do with whatever you use, wherever you are and whomever you're with.

Be well.

BTW, I have some #10 carlisles, some split shots and a poop load of Bushes Beans that I bought on impulse.... so, I was thinking.....

Indeed Roy, same to you sir! And you summed it all up pretty good there. If dude with the money cant enjoy fishing without expensive equipment and the validation of catching more fish than his buddies, i guess we know who truly appreciates the sport.

Edited by Rich

Rich, I think you have a sickness :)

Don't feel too bad about it Rich, I have the same disease.

Agreed. We can even stretch that out to "Joey, Juli and Jen." :) So, all you single guys out there....do you see a pattern here? :)

So that's been my problem all these years. I've been seeing girls with names that start with C, D, and K for most of my life. Thanks for the help Roy. :D

I do believe in the KISS rule but with all the shinny things and pretty colours you see when in a tackle store it's very difficult to say no. My name is Will and I have a problem. :huh:;)

Edited by fishnsled

It is funny over the years my brother and I have collected a good bit of tackle to fish for pike up North. The majority of the lures were bought not knowing what worked and what didn't. We continued to haul a monstrous amount of lures up North over the years and a pattern began to form and it eliminated about 50% of our stash of lures. We continued to haul the bulk of the lures with the thought that what IF..... we needed THAT ONE to catch fish and low and behold last year it happened the one lure that worked great was the lowly Williams Wobbler. The point is planning the trip and sorting through the tackle sparks the memories of fish caught with this lure and not with that one are priceless. We still carry to much tackle with us but you can bet we have 3 of the really good ones in the box one for me one for Joe and one for our new friend we meet on the water.

Art

Maybe you should re read rich....

I was under the impression you were saying that all anyone needs are the basics and expensive/lots of gear doesn't help.....

And i made it clear if this wasn't the case that I AGREE with you....

I'm not hating..... Just different opinions...

I feel a rookie should get good gear... And a wide variety of tackle... Then figure out what they like using the best for their location and species of choice.... But that's my opinion....

Us carp guys don't have to have a boat, motor, trailer or 4x4 to tow it with so we get to buy even more stuff. So much stuff that they sell "carp barrows" to lug it from your vehicle to the shore. I have seen and this no joke . Gold plated carp gear. :w00t:

Mr Rousseau may be right all things being equal but good angling skills will put more fish in the net than all the tackle you can or can't lug. :D . If anybody wants to buy some carp gear I have some for sale. :P