Finding Bigfoot

ehg

I guess love and hapiness are a delusion too? Just a change in chemistry, right? Now look at the pictures of your avatars and tell me if you were happy in that moment you were posing with your prize? Or were you not really feeling anything, your chemical makeup changing and forcing a smile onto your faces?

Caged Wisdom taught me that faith is fact......oh wait a minute, that was on the blooper reel.

If we are to believe everything in the Bible as the word of God, and not the words of priests who just wanted to control the masses, then why don't we all own slaves that we can beat so badly that they die after a couple days. That it's okay so long as they don't die right away, since they are the property of the person beating them.

I don't think Buddy Christ would think much of that.

Christopher is 100% correct about why religion started in the first place, to explain the unknown, paganism especially. The irony is that Christians considered paganism barbaric because of all the blood rituals, yet Christians eat the body of Christ and drink his blood every Sunday.

I don't think science is infallible. Theories are proven and refuted every day because they are theories. To believe a story that was first recorded a few thousand years ago and to accept every word as the gospel truth, than you are not thinking for yourself, instead you are blindly following the leader.

Bill, I'm agnostic and I would like you to not post pictures of my God online.:whistling:

So now everyone that believes in the Bible, is Roman Catholic? Good to know

how embarrassing...I watched an episode last night. How was I to know that samsquatches like peanut butter? I also learned they like to travel along hydro lines. hahahahaha morons. How do they know about the peanut butter and the power lines and the type of habitat a bigfoot prefers without ever finding one? I wonder if these clowns REALLY believe this or just know they can make a living at pretending

K.

You want to answer a quantum question with chemical examples.

I understand buildings fell down.

Were all the molecules, and atoms etc ( Im not pretending to be scientist) destroyed? No. Whats your point? Your theory is saying that the obliterated pile of material can form on its own into something else ( even a living organism). So what could that pile possibly turn into? Besides dust and rock.

I guess love and hapiness are a delusion too? Just a change in chemistry, right? Now look at the pictures of your avatars and tell me if you were happy in that moment you were posing with your prize? Or were you not really feeling anything, your chemical makeup changing and forcing a smile onto your faces?

.?? Love and happiness are emotions and feelings. Lol.... No clue what u r getting at

how embarrassing...I watched an episode last night. I wonder if these clowns REALLY believe this or just know they can make a living at pretending

Felt the same way.

Couldn't believe they were wasting time and money filming with crew.

Did get a laugh out of it.

Kinda posted about it as a light-hearted winternet thing.

He's on your side ;)

And yes, our emotions and physical feelings, good and bad, are our genetic codes way of rewarding behaviour conducive to successful reproduction (eating good food, exercise, sex) and for warning of us dangers (bad food, injury, etc)

We are vehicles by which our genes perpetuate into the future.

We aren't as special as some would have us believe, and my biology text book never once asked me for money or obedience.

Thanks for speaking for me. But my first post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. You just happened to answer it thinking I was shooting a barb your way.

Edit: Sorry I never heard of the show... just heard there was some winternet going on over here. :jerry:

Edited by Jigger

He's on your side ;)

And yes, our emotions and physical feelings, good and bad, are our genetic codes way of rewarding behaviour conducive to successful reproduction (eating good food, exercise, sex) and for warning of us dangers (bad food, injury, etc)

We are vehicles by which our genes perpetuate into the future.

We aren't as special as some would have us believe, and my biology text book never once asked me for money or obedience.

The part where Jigger was saying " chemical makeup changing " threw me off. I now see the sarcasm . Lol

So back to the building, and the bang...what was your point?

Last night I forgot to flush my toilet. If I left that turd there for a million years or so, could that turn into a population of millions of plants, animals and people? An evolutionist MUST say yes to this question. In fact, my turd has an infinitely greater probability of evolving than their own theories can explain. Why? There is an explanation of how it got there (my Mexican food did not agree with me and I was too lazy to flush) and it already has living matter! Where did your primordial goo come from and what caused it to live? From this day forward NO evolutionist should ever flush a toilet, as they could very well be flushing the common ancestor of a future Nobel prize winner. You may find my notion of a Creator ridiculous, but clearly your theories are just a bit silly! Its just a difference of where you place your faith.

Last night I forgot to flush my toilet. If I left that turd there for a million years or so, could that turn into a population of millions of plants, animals and people? An evolutionist MUST say yes to this question. In fact, my turd has an infinitely greater probability of evolving than their own theories can explain. Why? There is an explanation of how it got there (my Mexican food did not agree with me and I was too lazy to flush) and it already has living matter! Where did your primordial goo come from and what caused it to live? From this day forward NO evolutionist should ever flush a toilet, as they could very well be flushing the common ancestor of a future Nobel prize winner. You may find my notion of a Creator ridiculous, but clearly your theories are just a bit silly! Its just a difference of where you place your faith.

Good Theory:good:

I believe in evolution and my theory on why the missing link has been so hard to find is that the evidence is buried beneath silt and debris on the ocean floor.

I strongly believe that our "ancient" civilizations that we know of today, were actually the remnants of an advanced civilization that existed 8000+ year ago. Why did the ancients we know about build so far away from the ocean when as a race we tend to gravitate towards the coast, and in fact the largest cities today are located right next to the ocean. Not only did they build far from the coast, but they built to withstand earthquakes as well.

Why is the story of a great flood and cataclysmic event prevalent in so many ancient civilizations? Now people are discovering cities hundreds of feet beneath the ocean that carbon dating says are at least 8-10 thousand years old, which according to science shouldn't be there because we were still pretty much nomads, while the bible says the earth didn't even exist at that time.

Is it not possible that the primates we evolved from migrated and set up shop on the coastlines due to the benefits of living there, lived, died, evolved and eventually spawned a seafaring civilization that built on the coastlines all over the parts of earth that weren't covered in ice. When the end came in the form of a tsunami that wiped most of them out, the remnants went inland and mingled with the cultures who weren't as advanced. The stories of flood and cataclysm persisted to the point that when it was time to build cities again, they were built inland and earthquake resistant.

Again any evidence is buried beneath thousands of years of silt, and hundreds of feet of water, not to mention with coastal erosion any evidence would be nowhere near present day coastlines.

That's my personal theory, but I think it is plausible, far more plausible in my mind than the man in the sky or the ancient alien theories.

To me an explosion is an an explosion. Big or small. Evolutionism teaches that everything today is the result of a big explosion. Care to explain the difference, and how it ended up lookin like it is today?

But same goes for religion...no? How can one believe that man and animals just randomly appeared because of a higher power? If you don't believe in evolution, that is fine, but thinking that we were just put here along with every other organism, makes just as little sense

You can believe whatever you want to believe! That is the beauty of human nature, the ability to choose and think and come up with reason. Whatever your reasoning is thats great, this thread is going nowhereblahblah1.gifblahblah1.gifblahblah1.gif

Edited by d_paluch

So we are from a master race of advanced (well not advanced enough to survive I guess) humans from cities that are now buried in the ocean?

I think that's as bad as someone thinking there's a single being responsible for all of mankind.

Edited by BillM

Yes, ive heard of carbon dating. It was invented in 1949. The theory that the earth is billions of years old has been around since the 1830s ( only based on evolution in the 1830s, with no technology or science backing it.

So why in the 1830s did they think billions of years was no carbon dating to support the theory? Because they needed billions of years to hide behind or the theory of evolution would sound ridiculous...

Chris and Sinclair... Did u miss this?

why would anyone worth any salt put any faith in carbon dating? 10 year old rocks from Mt St Helens came back as 300,000 years old!!!! What is that, a margin of error of a few billion percent?? This is your science. The same science that put Lucy, Nebraska Man, Piltdown Man etc into textbooks as fact. Google it if you don't believe it