Ready! Anybody else?

Rod Caster

New knobby tires on truck

Hand auger with new blades, spares and a blade cover

New Northland ice rod paired with a Sahara 1000 and 8lbs ice line.

Tip-ups spooled and ready to rock. (build by TroutJunkie)

New Eskimo Quickfish2 w/ sleigh and cover. (fits perfectly in condo!)

Boots, bibs and and stock of handwarmers

All we need is ICE!

100_0448.jpg

IMG-20121124-01142.jpg

IMG-20121124-01141.jpg

IMG-20121124-01140.jpg

IMG-20121124-01138.jpg

IMG-20121124-01137.jpg

IMG-20121124-01139.jpg

Edited by Rod Caster

it looks like you caught a cat RC .. so far so good i'd say , if that augers got the balls to make thru the hard wood floor i want one , i am just checking for my self here and i realy like your new hut , can you tell me how big your living room is so i can compare it to mind ... lol

Chad mon chum... you did it again :whistling: the reel must be facing down ;):lol: Now that we have the technical stuff taking care of... I'm very jealous of your 2 man hut :o If you ever feel the need to drive up north into la belle province... be sure to give me a hauler... would be glad to show you some of my spots up here :D

Jacques

best hand auger around!! they dont make that folding model anymore so keep it forever and ever! i got the same one and if someone offered me $500 i'd tell them nice try!

Agreed! If you need any parts, I've got the contact information to the manufacturer in Toronto. They can supply any part for very cheap....like 50% below retail.

it looks like you caught a cat RC .. so far so good i'd say , if that augers got the balls to make thru the hard wood floor i want one , i am just checking for my self here and i realy like your new hut , can you tell me how big your living room is so i can compare it to mind ... lol

As far as the living room, I suggest checking with the wife and asking her first if her friends are coming over...it can (has) create a bit of a situation rofl2.gif

Hut dimensions are:

Height=68 inches

Width=58 inches

It looks perfect for two people, tackle and a couple pops.

The auger is also extendible...I've only bottomed it out once and that was in far north Alberta. It's extremely light and easy cutting. Just like WD said, i've yet to find anything better for lightweight, cutting and portability.

Chad mon chum... you did it again :whistling: the reel must be facing down ;):lol: Now that we have the technical stuff taking care of... I'm very jealous of your 2 man hut :o If you ever feel the need to drive up north into la belle province... be sure to give me a hauler... would be glad to show you some of my spots up here :D

Jacques

D'oh! ohmy.gif actually that was the picture taken last year before I even had them on the ice once. I face them down now that I know....these things work like a charm and I can't wait for a big laker to start peeling line off as I run like a madman and trip all over my own feet and spill my beer and throw my gloves 30 feet in some random direction. cool.gif

D'oh! ohmy.gif actually that was the picture taken last year before I even had them on the ice once. I face them down now that I know....these things work like a charm and I can't wait for a big laker to start peeling line off as I run like a madman and trip all over my own feet and spill my beer and throw my gloves 30 feet in some random direction. cool.gif

I figured it was the case :P the cat was kind of familiar to me ;):) Good luck with your upcoming opener... if you can't be good... be careful :whistling::D

Ready to ice fish..... yes.

Prepared.....no :lol:

Trying to get everything done around the house so I can hit the ice for trout as soon as the back lakes freeze.

Should throw up an old report just to get the ice fever started.

Edited by Selfmade05

Really? Well that's awesome :) Drop me a PM with your address and I'll toss them in the mail along with some $$$.

No prob, just cover the cost to send them back. PM to follow with more so not to take away from this topic

Last winter I stumbled upon a deadly jigging technique for lakers and I'm ready to unleash it ASAP!

It involves jumping as high as you can while you make a big upward sweep of the rod (the longer the better). I don't think I actually caught a fish with that technique, but it quickly scared off all the people that tried to park themselves right next to me :D