Black Friday/ Cyber Monday

Well with 5 fishfinders sold in a couple of hours and I'll bet a few more to go, there's a lesson here...snooze and lose. Don't hold out on your customers.

you know you are talking about Gougers um I mean Gagnon's right?!?!?! They don't care about squat unless you are spending thousands there yearly. Mike is the ONLY nice person there and he's almost never out front!

you know you are talking about Gougers um I mean Gagnon's right?!?!?! They don't care about squat unless you are spending thousands there yearly. Mike is the ONLY nice person there and he's almost never out front!

Sundays guys :P The gougers are up the street remember that ;) Well and the noobs that run the place. On a positive note we have lot's of ice gear set up so far and am still waiting on more to come in from Clam, Strike Master, Jiffy, etc...Jigging Raps were done and priced down last week. Stop in, there is new gear coming through every week. I did the Abu Garcia/Fenwick spring order not to long ago.

Tightlines this holiday season everybody.

MTBF

And don't use the word "they" there is a great crowd of experience anglers and hunters that work at the shop and I would fish with any of them and have. I see countless people leave happy, from tying nots to showing a texas rig every day i witness the good in our store....And that's why we offer service that no BPS or Sail could. All the time I am filing special orders, dealing with guys rods and reels etc.

When I'm on the floor I try to run from next person to next person when things are busy but park ass behind the counter when I'm not plugging away in the back. The Christmas sale is coming up, Nov 29th-Dec9th...be prepared to save money on some great gear...I've answered some emails here regarding tackle and equipment..don't be shy to send a PM.

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

Mike I know you mean well, after all 'they' do help pay your bills. but the fact still stands that for MANY years (inc. now) 'they' have been over priced. And I'm not talking against a big box store, just check Lebaron's prices and even though they are high too they are still better.

The owners of the store should learn from past mistakes they and others have made and try to adjust and improve. Customer SERVICE & PRICE keeps people going into the store, not 1 person who works there.

Maybe I'll go see who's working at SAIL tomorrow just for fun...

Edited by GBW

What does 'portable' mean when applied to fish finders? The FF posted above seems to require a 12V battery. I though 'portable' meant it would run on dry cells such as AA's.

If you're talking about the Mark 5 DSI portable it runs on 8 D cells.

Happy? :lol:

I remove the battery holders and use a 7 AH 12 volt gel cell.

Better battery life and the ability to recharge. ;)

The Q

What does 'portable' mean when applied to fish finders? The FF posted above seems to require a 12V battery. I though 'portable' meant it would run on dry cells such as AA's.

The A

If you're talking about the Mark 5 DSI portable it runs on 8 D cells.

Happy? :lol:

I remove the battery holders and use a 7 AH 12 volt gel cell.

Better battery life and the ability to recharge. ;)

Also A.2. Portable for a FF also means that it is not fixed to a boat or other such item where it must be mounted. Portable doesn't mean 'light' by any means. Just that you can move it.

Help a bit? :unsure:

Mike I know you mean well, after all 'they' do help pay your bills. but the fact still stands that for MANY years (inc. now) 'they' have been over priced. And I'm not talking against a big box store, just check Lebaron's prices and even though they are high too they are still better.

The owners of the store should learn from past mistakes they and others have made and try to adjust and improve. Customer SERVICE & PRICE keeps people going into the store, not 1 person who works there.

Maybe I'll go see who's working at SAIL tomorrow just for fun...

I hafta disagree with you somewhat, Geoff. I've bought quite a few things at Gagnon's over the last few years and have always found them to be fairly priced.

A new Compre rod this past summer was $20 less than at Sail. An Ice Armour suit a few years ago was $30 less than Bass Pro, with a much better selection. A Stradic and a Citica last year at blow out prices, $115 & $89 respectively. Just a few I can think of right now.

I've been through the Sail store a few times and have yet to buy anything more than some plastics and some hooks.

I do agree that service can be somewhat lacking (of course I've never had the pleasure of being served by Mike) but I find that pretyy much everywhere I go, Lebarons and BPS are usually much worse. The service at Sail isn't bad, but there are no customers so it's easy for them.

If I feel the need to chat with someone in a store, I just go see Frank at Bridgenorth Sports.

portable WRT FF means no size 27 battery to lug around, so yes to the 12 v little guys and in the case of the Lowrance dry cells if you must but PITA really.

I hafta disagree with you somewhat, Geoff. I've bought quite a few things at Gagnon's over the last few years and have always found them to be fairly priced.

Just an example for you Jer.

@ Al Flaherty's outdoor store

Streamside Float Rod 10.5ft, 2 Piece, Sliding Rings #FL1052 @ $58.50 ea

@ Gagnon's

Streamside Float Rod 10.5ft, 2 Piece, Sliding Rings #FL1052 @ $69.99 ea

*edit to add* these prices are not sale prices but normal prices.

Edited by GBW

A new Compre rod this past summer was $20 less than at Sail. An Ice Armour suit a few years ago was $30 less than Bass Pro, with a much better selection. A Stradic and a Citica last year at blow out prices, $115 & $89 respectively. Just a few I can think of right now.

I've been through the Sail store a few times and have yet to buy anything more than some plastics and some hooks.

I do agree that service can be somewhat lacking (of course I've never had the pleasure of being served by Mike) but I find that pretyy much everywhere I go, Lebarons and BPS are usually much worse. The service at Sail isn't bad, but there are no customers so it's easy for them.

If I feel the need to chat with someone in a store, I just go see Frank at Bridgenorth Sports.

Gagnon is ONLY ok if you are local, can plan to purchase many items on sale at the same time to make it worth the 1hr drive from GTA.

"personally" I would much rather save the gas money and shop LeBaron and or Sail and then Bass in that order.

If you are shopping cost, LeBaron is almost always the best for that. If you want better service, I find all three are on par and find uncaring and ignorant

salespeople the same across the board, then spend any amount of time and $ in any of them and you can strike a repoire and get the service you want.

I realize there are LeBaron HATERS out there but I honestly love it. My son and I go there quite a bit and know half the staff, almost like Norm walking into Cheers.

YMMV

Cyber Monday start's at midnight tonight!

http://gagnonsports.com/news.html

15% off shimano and 20% off everything reg priced. Should be fun, didn't get to see you today Geoff :( Just posting this little link, it's new for us but with all the online gear I/we have been putting up it's time to see where the kinks are. And I still like my local shops don't forget. When I'm in Lindsay i stop into the shop by the locks and all my minnows this winter will be from tightlines :P

Anyway good luck this season guys

MTBF