Proposed New Bass Changes for Southern Ontario

You always seem to stir the pot and not truly read things that's for sure.

Wow you catch on quick don't you, A well stirred pot insures nothing sticks to the bottom and makes sure the flavor is well distributed through out...

In other words, other peoples opinions make up the flavor of life, and we should not be so quick to them cast asided. So grasshopper you have learned a valuable lesson today. to which i am proud of you..:clapping:

And as always Enjoy life, the alternative is not so fun..TTFN :santa:

Edited by UglyBug

Exactly! Most of the "invasive" SMB found north/west of North Bay were put there by these guys

7373874644_57e1dae69b_c.jpg

Introduced to many lakes...invasive to even more. Regardless of whether or not you enjoy fishing for them [once in a blue moon for me], you can't deny that they've had an enormous impact of many native fish species throughout Ontario and elsewhere.

Introduced to many lakes...invasive to even more. Regardless of whether or not you enjoy fishing for them [once in a blue moon for me], you can't deny that they've had an enormous impact of many native fish species throughout Ontario and elsewhere.

What's done is done. There are countless instances where man got involved and screwed stuff up. Just work with what you have. Besides I think humans are a invasive species. :sarcasm:

Along the same lines check out "An Entirely Synthetic Fish: How Rainbow Trout Beguiled America and Overran the World". Great book. Could not put it down. When you think of all the past introductions, intentional and accidental, and how long some of these species have lived in Ontario it does make you think about what native really means. Non-natives are treated a little like second class citizens despite many have net positive effects.

As far as i know the only true native ontario fish that is not extinct yet is the sturgeon

What is your definition of native? Are book trout and lake trout not native to Ontario? If not, when were they introduced? Or, are they invaders?

I think I could add muksies, walleye, arctic char, white fish, suckers, cisco, read side dace, and many, many more to the list.

Edited by JohnBacon