Huron trib steel

ChrisK

Had a great weekend. Water was clear Saturday and over night went stained for Sunday the best day of the weekend. Stones were on the menu although I did take a couple on quickfish as well.

This stone fly you see in the pics is a hybrid cross of a stone and a bugger but I call them stones all the same although they look nothing like a traditional stone fly. Its really all about what the fish like right ?

Here's a little guy I caught on a quickfish. They were hitting these baits hard and some even missing on the attack all together. Quiet exiting to watch this all happening in plain veiw.

Untitled.jpg

Here's another nice one on the quickfish

BayfieldFallFishing076-1.jpg

Sunday morning things were looking really good when I went to the river. It had been raining some of the night and the water was more stained than the day before. Some of the locals were already there by the time I showed up but after speaking with a couple guys the bite didn't seem to be happening for anyone. They were all using spawn,hmmmmm wonder if the stone flys are out yet ? Tied on a black stone and sent it out for my first drift. Float drifted about 12 inches downstream and disappeared followed up by a hook set,fish on !!! After this fish was landed the sun came out and warmed up the water a couple degrees. Time to put on a purple stone.

BayfieldFallFishing111-1.jpg

Withing a few minutes another strike

BayfieldFallFishing105.jpg

Heres a nice pic of a fish with a chewed up purple stone.

BayfieldFallFishing100.jpg

All in all great fishing and good company. Can't wait to get back down there this weekend

Thanx for all the support folks.

The river is low but the pools are still deep enough so you can't see the fish until they make themselves visible like when they chase the quickfish in to shallower waters. Theres supposed to be some rain this week so lets keep our fingers crossed.